ii Knife x distant!Reader ( Self Fulfilling Prophecy )

"You can't keep avoiding us forever, (Y/n)."

        Knife spoke through the closed door to his ex-teammate. His hand was pressed against the frame, feeling the smooth, cold surface beneath.

        "Why do I even matter to any of you? I'm not a good person. I've lost all my friends because I couldn't open up." They replied, voice hollow, and broken.

         "I'm terrible at holding friendships together because I'm afraid. People approach me, and then they leave because I am not worth their time and energy."

          Knife frowned, jiggling the door knob again. "(Y/n). Listen to me. You're not terrible at holding friendships together, your anxiety is absolute shit." He bluntly stated.

           "I get that it seems scary, but you need to try and conquer that fear. We do care about you, and we do like you. No ones left you. You're isolating yourself from everyone."

             The door opened. "And it's taking a toll on your mental health." He said, glancing at the human buried under the covers. "Now get out here, and kill your anxiety with me."

             (Y/n) looked up at him, staring at his outstretched hand, before taking it. He pulled them into a hug, causing the human to sob into his chest.

"Thank you..."

             He smiled. "I know I'm not the best at this whole 'comfort' thing, but what else was I meant to do? I can't just let you do this to yourself. I meant it. When I said I cared about you."

The two of them stayed like that for a while.