Part 2

Before anyone noticed me leaving, I quickly slipped out the front door. I saw a car parked on the side of the street. Demi’s head then popped out the window, “Garcia! Make it quick eh!” I was giggling hysterically while running to her car. When I got in, she was also giggling. She stared into my eyes and sighed after we stopped giggling. “What?” I said, smiling at her. She smiled back, looked away and started the car’s engine. “You’re just so God dam adorable, Jennel” Demi said. I could feel my face heating up so I just put my seatbelt on and faced the front.

In the car we decided that we’ll watch movies, eat popcorn and snuggle. Demi suggested the snuggling part. I had agreed to it so fast and enthusiastically that she burst out laughing and rubbed my thigh with her hand before bringing it back to the steering wheel again. I swear my face is going to blow up soon – it keeps burning up!

As soon as we got to Demi’s place, we both changed out of our clothes into sweats and baggy t-shirts. I borrowed the clothes from her because I never thought of even packing an overnight bag!

I was sitting on the couch, wrapped up in blankets and waiting for Demi to finish taking her makeup off. I completely froze and stared right at her when she appeared at the doorway. She threw her hands over her face and laughed “Okay Jennel I know I look bad without makeup. No more like horrible and bare and ew I don’t kno--” and sat down next to me. I have no idea what came over me but before I knew it I was reaching out to her hands on her face, gently pulling them away from her. Now holding her hands in my lap, I stared deeply into her eyes “Demetria, shut up already. You honestly look SO beautiful” I started to blush crazily after I realised what I had just said. Demi started blushing too and smiled when she asked “You’re being serious?” “Dead serious. You’re flawless!”. By this stage Demi was blushing so hard that I started blushing harder too! She reached out and gently pinched my cheek “You’re amazing Jenn”

During the movie Demi put her arm around the back of my shoulders and pulled me into her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her chest. I cannot believe I was snuggled up to Demi Lovato. This is so surreal. All of a sudden Demi started drawing circles on my arm. It was so ticklish that my skin stood up. “Aww you’re so sensitive!” said Demi in the most adorable voice ever. I just looked up at her and stuck my tongue out. Demi then smacked my ass and said “Don’t pull such horrible faces!” pretending to be shocked. I sat up and stuck my tongue out again. We both burst out laughing. Once our laughter died down, Demi’s facial expression went serious. “What’s up Dem?” I asked. “I-I’m just really glad you’re here with me. Correct me if I’m wrong but we both needed some cheering up after tonight and I think this has been the perfect thing to do, you know? You’re honestly more than just my ‘under 25’ I feel.. I feel a connection with you.” she replied, slightly smiling and heavily blushing. I looked at her and I swear that in that very moment, I fell even more for her. “It’s the same for me. You’re not just Demi Lovato or my mentor to me. You’re.. You’re special to me” I regretted that last part as soon as it came out of my mouth because I knew I had taken it a bit far. Her connection to me was friendly. Nothing else. Don’t be stupid Jennel!

DEMI’S POV

“You really feel that way?” I asked Jennel after what she just said to me. “Yes.. I mean.. What I’m saying is.. uh –“ stumbled Jennel. I could feel she was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable like she regretted saying what she had just said so I cut her off before she could say anything else “I know what you mean buddy.”  SERIOUSLY DEMI? BUDDY? Shit. I could see a slightly disappointed look in her face but I knew it wasn’t because after all, we were just “buddies”. She was straight, I was straight. End of story. I think. I ended my mad chain of thoughts and patted her thigh and jumped up off the couch, “Want anything to drink?” I asked.  “Uhm no I’m alright thanks Demi. But I think I should sleep at the mansion tonight. Uhm everyone would be wanting to say bye to me and stuff..” Jennel rambled. Was this getting all a bit too awkward for her? As much as I wanted to grab and hug her tightly and order her to stay the night, “Yeah you’re probably right” I said, smiling but on the inside I was weeping.