Another hex oneshot written at 12am while listening to a hour loop of Diabolical

Please excuse any spelling or grammar errors, its 12 am and I'm writing, not the best of choices.

Hels walked into the kitchen of Hels, around the bar with the Ghast server there was crowd and a lot of cheering and shouting. Curious the knight walked over, a person with white hair in red doom armor was arm wrestling a random stranger. The white haired person smiled as they finally won. Wanting a closer look Hels started to push his way through the crowd, soon a path was cleared for him, no one wanted to get on to his bad side, after all he was one of the most famous people here.

"You here to challenge me?" Smiled the white hair person.

"Depends, never seen you around here, first time in Hels?" They nodded.

"I'm from Hermitcraft, names Xathan Void," they held out their hand. Hels shook it.

"Helsknight or well, Hels."

"But isn't Hels where we are?" They asked, confused.

"Uh... yes, its complicated, now about that challenge?" Hels had a dangerous look in his eyes, the flame on his helmet flickering faster than before

***

It had been about 2 years since the two's first interaction. Lately Xae had been acting strange running away randomly and showing their face less and less. Last time the knight had seen the doomguy they had been muttering to theirself. Hels knocked on Xae's door. Nothing happened. Last time anyone had seen Xathan they had been seen entering their home. Scared for his more-than-just-a-friend he knocked on the door more urgently. Still nothing. Hels used his spare key to open the door, it was eerily silent. Then a shout came from a different room.

"Leave me alone!" He heard Xathan shout, "I'm never joining you!" Hels headed the direction of the shout. Eventually he found Xae standing in the middle of a room, clutching their head. They looked up, instead of the normal soft red he saw glowing, green eyes.

"Xae? What's going on?!" Hels rushed into the room, terrified. 

"I.. he... I need Xisuma," gasped Xae, looking up at the knight.

"Who?" Hels assumed that Xisuma was someone from Xathan's past but they had never told Hels anything about their past.

"My brother, on Hermitcraft, he can help." Hels was shocked, how had he not known that Xae had a brother?

"I can't teleport, I need an admin's communicator," explained Hels. Xae motioned to the bracelet on their arm, Hels quickly took the communicator, "since when were you an admin?" Hels was met by a shout coming from Xathan, instead of it sounding like Xae it had a different voice mixed in. Scared for his friend Hels quickly typed in command. In a flash he found himself in a room full of other people.

"What the-" shouted the one closest to him. He looked a lot like Xathan, or at least the part that wasn't cover by armor, "Xae!" Shouted the man again. He rushed to Xae who was clutching their head, no longer aware of what was happening around them. Hels heard confused muttering coming from the hermits next to him.

"Are you Xisuma?" Hels asked urgently.

"Yes, what's going on? Who are you?" Before Hels could speak up he heard a familiar voice speak up. A very familiar voice.

"Helsknight," said Wels, glaring at his evil counter part.

"Shut up, just because I'm from Hels doesn't mean I'm bad, at the moment I'm trying save Xathan's life," spat Hels as he turned around to face the blue eyed hermit.

"Xathan?" Asked a hermit with dog ears, "do you mean Evil X?"

"Evil-" Hels froze, some of the stuff Xae had said made since now, "Xae isn't evil, what made you think that?"

"Coming from the person who tried to replace me with a rap battle." Hels glared at Wels.

"Can you get past that?" Said Hels, "I'm trying to save him!" He turned to Xisuma who was trying to get Xae to sit in a chair, but the barely conscious doomguy was being difficult.

"Please, Xae I'm sorry," begged Xisuma, "I can help you, just sit, please." Hels joined in.

"Xae, do what he says," the two slowly coaxed them into a chair. They were shaking violently, their eyes glowing an even brighter green, Hels notice that the tips of his fingers were turning black.

"How did you?" asked X.

"They'll listen to me, I'm... special. Can you tell me what's wrong?" Xisuma sighed, quickly looked over and the very confused hermits, then Hels and then his sibling.

"First let me work my admin magic and then I'll explain, to all of you." Xisuma pressed a button on the communicator, a small screen appeared above it, he pressed different buttons, eventually Hels zoned out, nervously staring at Xae. Next thing he knew Xisuma was shaking him.

"You ok?" He asked. Hels blinked.

"Yeah, just worried."

"I guess I owe you guys an explanation. This Xathan or Xae, my twin," he sighed, "About 4 years ago a entity called Jeff the minion attempted to possess Xae." Before X could go on a man in a moss suit interupted.

"I remember Pungence talking about Jeff," he offered, "He mentioned something about gold and a curse."

"Anyways I managed to save them, but sometimes Jeff would comeback and if I wasn't there to stop him... well thats how Evil X was born."

"They never mentioned any of this in the two years I've known them, today was the first time they'd even mentioned you," said Hels, looking from where Xae was peacefully sleeping, no longer showing traces of Jeff's possession.

"I'm not surprised," sighed Xisuma, "Eventually the Jeff episodes stopped and we deemed it okay for them to be without me near at all times."

"And then they came to Hels," said Hels piecing together the story.

"Why would they ever go there?" Asked Wels.

"How am I supposed to know? They refused to tell me anything before they came to Hels before today when I found them clutching their head and shouting for Jeff to get out, and I'm their boyfriend!" Said Hels, slightly annoyed. Xisuma made a strange noise while Wels stared in shock at his evil version along with the other hermits that were there. Before anyone could speak up Hels heard Xae speak from the back.

"Hels," they muttered. Hels rushed to them.

"Are you okay?" He asked worried. 

"Yeah I'm fine," they said clearly pained. They sat up to see both their boyfriend and brother standing next to them, both looking worried, "Jeff came again," they half joked looking at their sibling.

"Do you know how much you scared me?" Asked Xisuma. Xae raised an eyebrow.

"Enlighten me," they said sarcastically. X was clearly not able to form words because there was no response. Then Xathan looked over at Hels.

"I have only three words for you," said Hels, "Your are an idiot."

"That's four words, and I love you too." Xae stood up, stretched and headed off into the different room, as if they hadn't been shouting for Jeff to get out of their head less than an hour ago.

"Where are you going?" Asked Xisuma.

"Oreos." Both Hels and Xisuma sighed.

"Come on, we've been working on that." Complained Hels. Xae laughed and walked away, Xisuma ran after his sibling. Hels just stood there, laughing.

I have no idea why I wrote this. Also it is now 1:50 am and I am listening to the 1 hour version of Hermit Gang because I finished the Diabolical loop. 1215 words