The Quiet Secret (Unofficial Title)

I tried to run but his hand shot out from the dark alley way and latched around my wrist. I tugged as hard as I could but he wouldn't let go. Silent tears streamed down my cheeks. He chuckled darkly and dragged me into the darkness with him. His currently-golden eyes glowed in the darkness and were all I could see. He gripped the back of my neck with his other hand and crushed his lips against mine. I bit him and he stumbled back startled, touching his lips gently with his tongue. I ran down the main street, trying to outrun him but I knew it was hopeless. He would just fly out and then I would be screwed. My house wasn't much farther up the street. I nearly flew through the door myself before turning around and locking it. I sank to the floor and sighed while wiping my eyes. I was safe for now but how much longer would he do this? The question bounced around in my head as I slowly got up and went into my kitchen and got a drink of water.

    I turned around from the sink and nearly dropped the glass. He was standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face. His midnight black wings were open a little, so I could see them from behind his back. He strode over to me and I set my drink on the counter and took a few deep breaths. He opened his wings almost all the way, to block me from trying to escape from around him.

 "Why don't you want to kiss me, Aurora?" He whined teasingly, moving a little closer. I moved forward and tried to get past his wings. "All the other girls want to but you're the only one who doesn't." I was still trying to get passed him as he said this.

    He continued on. "But I don't want to kiss the other girls. I only want you."

 He smiled and I gave a last desperate effort to get past him. He turned at the last second so I went sprawling on the floor. I crouched and scoffed at him. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to him.

    He still stood patiently above me while I collected myself. I stormed out of the kitchen and climbed the stairs to my bedroom on the second floor. He stood for a moment, trying to decide what to do and eventually shrugged and left my house. I watched through the window in my room as he took off into the sky. I tried to figure out how he was able to go around school with wings that were two and a half times the size he was, growing out of his back. I was the only one who knew what he really was. He couldn’t influence me with any of his tricks. I put on my black pajamas on that had the punk/emo cartoon skulls all over the pants and brushed my teeth in the bathroom that was just down the hall. Before I crawled into bed, I walked over to my desktop and turned the screen on. Opening the different windows, I found the one that was my music. I turned it on and adjusted the volume, then shut my door quietly. Even though I knew he wouldn’t come in my room, and just spy through the window, I still felt safer that way.

    The boy had only been coming to our school for a few weeks, ever since my sophomore year started. He was in every one of my classes, which also meant he was in every class the cheerleaders, popular girls and pretty girls were in. They swooned all over him and one even tripped next to him just so that he would touch her and help her up. I was disgusted by them and tried not to get too involved in their activities. My best friend Ash was also in my class. She was the more superior person in our friendship, which I didn’t mind. She was also a higher intellect than me, which meant I relied on her sometimes. I closed my eyes and tried to think about nothing at all. But his face kept popping up in from my memory. I groaned and turned over. I thought about my drawings and started drawing an anime face in my head. Before I realized it, it turned into him. I growled and got up from my bed. I opened my drawers to get my showering essentials and walked back down the hall to the bathroom. I turned the water up to Steamy Paradise and stripped. The water felt good on my skin as I scrubbed my hair with my cucumber melon shampoo. I scrubbed my face and conditioned my hair.

Half an hour later I was in my room, pulling on my chucks and jeans. I threw my hoodie on and plugged my MP3 player into my ears. I climbed out my window with nimble practice. I landed with a soft thump in the soft soil. I pulled my hoodie tight over my head and pushed 'play' on my music player.

    I had only been walking a few minutes when I felt a familiar prickle on the back of my neck.