The start

(This is a Tommyinnit winged AU. I hope you enjoy reading this! Average chapters will be around 1K words as I struggle with focus!)

The world was odd. It was never the same after 3050 when there was a mass death of humankind; most of the population killed leaving 30% to try to survive. Over a span of 200-300 years they evolved to survive developing superpowers or hybrids; they are known as the super community. Those with these traits started out very small at just 2% of the population; it is still a minority now, but it is now 30% instead of 2%. The super community is not treated well by some believing they are diseased or a threat. Those who are hybrids are treated worse as those with more prominent hybrid features cannot hide them as easily so bare the worse of the hate.

Now there is one teen that we will be focusing on called Rat, Child, trash, creature but preferred to be called Tommy. Tommy has blonde hair (not that you can tell from the dirt) and blue eyes. Tommy lives on the streets with a raggedy backpack and one blanket. Tommy would say this is good for him but let me tell you it is not good. Tommy is a bird hybrid with a pair of grey wings and pointed ears like an elf tinted grey at the end.

I'LL GET ON TO THE STORY NOW

Smoke. Smoke and fire. That's what Tommy saw whilst walking back home. Tommy lives in district ten where there is an extremely high crime rate and no heroes; so when there were heroes Tommy started to panic more knowing it had to be something big. Tommy ran towards his home, if you could even call it that now it was more like a pile of rubble. Tommy stood there, staring, he didn't know what to do so he ran. Tommy thought that was the best option at the moment but now he isn't so sure.

It was a week into him living on the streets when he was mugged by a guy wanted money. He didn't have any so they guy decided to just beat the sit out of him. Ever since then he has been wary of people but even more other hybrids as some had said 'you're a rat that makes us look bad' or 'I can't wait to get my hands on you.' Tommy had known about the hybrid trafficking rings for a while but had never seen one and never wanted to.

That's why Tommy is where he is...

Tommy was having a good morning so far. He had found a place to hide his stuff, found a bin outside of a really nice bakery to scavenge food out of and even got away with stealing the food. He had just finished eating half the pasty, saving the other for later, and stood up when he heard someone walking in the alleyways connect to where he was.

Tommy had learnt to be wary of people or anything that breathed for that matter; so to hear someone this close to him scared him, not that he would tell anyone. He looked around and found a dumpster to hide behind, so that's exactly what he did. The person atop at the entrance to the alley where he was. Tommy held his breath.

"You know I can hear you right?" the mystery person commented.

Tommy didn't move a muscle not wanting to give away his position. The mystery guy started walking towards him. When the guy was three meters from him, Tommy jumped up, turned around and backed up slightly. He was faced with a tall man around 6'5" who was wearing a brown trench coat, a yellow jumper with a white collar, black jeans, and some combat boots.

Tommy let out a nervous chirp, wings pinned to his back. If he wasn't scared before, he was definitely now. The stranger stopped and took in Tommy's appearance and Tommy didn't like that, so he let out a little hiss. The stranger looked back at him not moving.

"you're just a child? Why are you around here?" The stranger asked tilting his in consideration.

Tommy didn't trust his voice, so he just stayed quiet.

"You look terrible by the way. Here," The stranger put down a brown bag that smelled delicious from where Tommy was "They're fresh from the bakery so don't worry about me doing anything to them."

Tommy looked over to the bag, then the man and back to the bag. He walked to the bag and picked it up and walked back so there was space between the two. He looked back at the man who was observing him; the man nodded so Tommy opened the bag and in there was two fresh chocolate chip muffins. Tommy took a bite out of one after sniffing it to make sure it wasn't poisoned; his pupils widened, and his wings ruffled as it was delicious! He couldn't hold back a content chirp.

"Is it nice?" The man asked. In all honesty he had forgot the man was there.

Tommy nodded "Yeah."

The man paused for a second "it's nice to hear your voice. I thought you couldn't speak for a while" the man smiled "I'm Wilbur by the way. What's your name?"

Tommy took a bit to consider this. On one hand he could tell him his name, what harm could it do? On the other hand if Tommy told him his own name he could tell people that could hurt or take him. Tommy elected to stay silent.

The stranger, Wilbur, eventually realised he wasn't going to get an answer "alright, well I am going to leave now." He gave a small wave and left out the same way he came in.

Tommy was rightfully confused. A man; a stranger had just offered him muffins and didn't threaten him at all. The man seemed like he didn't even care that Tommy was a hybrid at all which puzzled him. Was that man a hybrid himself; but he didn't see any hybrid features. Tommy decided to do what he does best and ignore his problems, get his things to set up a place to stay.