unknown encounter

Wilbur was walking through the alleys looking for his brother when he heard movement in the alley near him due to his enhanced hearing. He walked towards the noise; Wilbur knew nobody would dare to attack him because of who he was. Being part of the top villain group called the SBI had its benefits.

As he heard the alley he someone move to behind a bin. He stopped at the entrance and waited to see if anyone would make their presence known. He decided to do it instead.

"You know I can hear you right?" Wilbur stood confidently waiting for a reply.

A child. A literal child stepped out from behind the bin and if Wilbur had heard correctly the child let out a nervous chirp. The boy wore torn and ripped clothes; the boy didn't look any older than sixteen and that was being generous.

"you're just a child? Why are you around here?" Wilbur for some reason thought he would get a reply to this which of course he didn't. "You look terrible by the way. Here," Wilbur put down a brown bag of muffins he had got from Niki, "They're fresh from the bakery so don't worry about me doing anything to them."

Wilbur watched as the boy hesitantly walked/crept to the bag and took it. The blond or brunet, Wilbur couldn't tell, took a few steps backwards before looking up at Wilbur. He nodded and the boy opened the bag. He took one out and sniffed it before taking a bite. The boy's wings ruffled, and he let out a content chirp.

"Is it nice?" The Wilbur Smiled.

The boy nodded "Yeah."

The Wilbur paused for a second, he never thought he would get an answer from him, did the kid even know who he was? "It's nice to hear your voice. I thought you couldn't speak for a while. I'm Wilbur by the way. What's your name?" He decided it wouldn't harm to give the kid his name.

Wilbur waited patiently for a response but decided he wasn't going to get one. "Alright, well I am going to leave now." Wilbur gave a small wave and left out the same way he came in but then heading right towards his home where his dad waited.

----------

It had taken Wilbur about 10 minutes to walk back home. It was an apartment building that they owned and lived on the top floor of, giving a pleasant view of the city. He walked through the main doors and past the front desk where all but one worker had bowed to him.

Wilbur had noticed this, stopped, and walked back over to the front desk. He looked at each of the employees then back at the one who disrespected him. Wilbur looked at this guy's name tag and it read 'Jared '.

"Jared. What a lovely name." Wilbur smile but there was an obvious murderous intent behind it. "I don't like being disrespected let alone by guests and even peasants who work for me. GO JUMP OUT A WINDOW." The guy who was now known as Jared walked up to the fifth story, with Wilbur following of course, and jumped out the window.

Wilbur continued up the stairs smiling to himself, proud of his actions. when he arrived at his apartment he opened the large oak door to be greeted with his dad, called Phil, cooking dinner. He walked over to the kitchen island "Hello, Dadza."

Phil turned around with two plates in his hand "hey Will. You're home early?" Phil tilted his head slightly as if mimicking a bird. Well he was a bird hybrid but never mind that.

"Yeah, I had a run in with a kid when I was looking for techno," Wilbur recounted "believe he was a bird hybrid like you Phil."

Phil was intrigued by that detail. There weren't many hybrids left in the city let alone children. "Where were his parents?"