Chapter Seven: Chamber of Secrets

Ariana's ears perked up when she heard talking from outside, she wanted to wake up Jaxon. But he seemed pretty exhausted and shaken up from their adventures yesterday, he seemed so relaxed and peaceful. Ariana sighed wearily and was about to fall asleep again when she suddenly felt Jaxon fidgeting and he started shivering fearfully. At first, Ariana thought Jaxon was having a nightmare, but she realized that there was silent tears going down his cheeks. Ariana realized he was remembering something about his family, she lowered her head and gently shook his shoulder. Jaxon immediately woke up and looked around, his gaze landed on her. Ariana felt herself become tense with fear, but his gaze softened and he gently smiled as he eased his grip on her.
"Come on," said Jaxon as got up. "Let's see what's going on now."
Jaxon opened the door and the two of them had both walked out of the Room of Requirements. They both hid underneath a bench, whilst hearing Professor McGonagall that they still had exams at the beginning. Ariana had let out an inward groan at the reminder, while Jaxon just rolled his eyes at her.
"Exams?" Ariana overheard Seamus howling in dramatic horror. "We're still getting exams?"
"The whole point of keeping the school open at this time is for you to receive your education," she said sternly. "The exams will therefore take place as usual, and I trust you are all revising hard."
Revising hard! It had never occurred to Ariana that there would be exams with the castle in this state, including her state. There was a great deal of mutinous muttering around the room, she could almost see Professor McGonagall scowl even more darkly.
"Professor Dumbledore's instructions were to keep the school running as normally as possible," she said. "That, I need hardly point out, means finding out how much you have learned this year."
"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" Ariana heard Ron asked Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.
"Oh, wonderful," complained Ariana. "I get so nervous around exams."
Jaxon chuckled quietly and shook his head as he looked at Ariana.
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
Three days before the first exam, Professor McGonagall made another announcement at breakfast in the Great Hall. Though, Ariana and Jaxon both watched everything from the ceiling to make sure nobody can see them.
"I have good news," she said, and the Great Hall, instead of falling silent, erupted.
"Dumbledore's coming back!" several people yelled joyfully.
"You've caught the heir of Slytherin!" squealed a girl on the Ravenclaw table.
"Quidditch matches are back on!" roared Oliver excitedly.
When the hubbub had subsided, professor McGonagall said, "Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight, we will be able to revive those people who have been Petrified. I need hardly remind you that one of them may well be able to tell us who, or what, attacked them. I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with our catching the culprit."
"Now we just to find a way to bring your human body to the Hospital Wing," added Ariana as she exchanged her smile with a overjoyed Jaxon.
There was an explosion of cheering. Ariana looked over at the Slytherin table and was surprised to see that Draco Malfoy hadn't joined in. To her knowledge, she knew he wasn't heartless and that he was still worried about her.
"It won't matter that we never asked Myrtle, then!" Ariana heard Ron said to Harry and Phoebus. "Hermione'll probably have all the answers when they wake her up! Mind you, she'll go mad when she finds out we've got exams in three days' time. She hasn't revised it might be kinder to leave her where she is till they're over."
Just then, Ginny came over and sat down next to Ron. She looked tense and nervous for some reason.
Ariana watched as Harry, Ron, Phoebus, and Phoebus' friends checked up on Ginny. She was about to reveal some information when Percy had arrived, making Jaxon groan. Now, Ariana knew Ginny won't be revealing any information to them. Ginny soon walked away from them. After a while, Percy looked a little uncomfortable as Ron spoke to him, much to Diana's amusement.
"Maybe we should go to the bathroom and wait there for a while," whispered Ariana to Jaxon.
"Good idea," Jaxon agreed.