Chapter 9

(Mitch's POV)
Me and Jerome followed his father to the study. When we reached it, he motioned for us to sit in the chairs across from his desk. He let out a long sigh then turned to me. Your another assassin, yes? He asks tiredly. I nod my head slowly. He sighs again. The fake execution is set for 2 days from now, we need your cloak so we can make a copy, we don't want to use the real thing, since I know it has hidden weapons inside, Taylor showed us some things. I look over to Jerome and he gives me an encouraging nod. I slowly take my cloak off and hand it to the king reluctantly. He gives me a smile and says we can leave. We get up and leave, entering the main hall. When I start talking. Jerome I want to find Taylor, I'm curious about how much she actually told your parents. I tell him. She said that she'll be busy for a while and not to bother her. He states. Wow, darude much? I say with a small smirk. He grins back at me. Indubitably sir, he says in a mock fancy accent, causing me to laugh. Maybe Jerome knows? I mean, she is his personal body guard. We walk up to his room and sit on the bed. Hey Jerome? I ask. Yeah biggums? The question on my mind vanishes, replaced with a new one. What does biggums mean? I ask in confusion. I see him flush under his fur, realizing what he said. Nothing, uhh, nevermind. I'm not giving this up that easily. Come onnnnn Jerome, just tell meeeee. He shakes his head rapidly. No way dood, you'd hate me. My eyes soften when he says this, since he has genuine fear in his voice. Jerome, you know I could never hate you. I promise, wrapping my arms around him. Well, it means m-mate, he stutters. I really didn't mean to, it was just a... I cut off his rambling by pressing my lips to his. How could I have ever even considered hurting him? When we pull away I give him a smile. Jerome, I pretty much am your mate now, I don't mind. I say, giving him another kiss. A huge grin spreads across his face, exposing his canines. Thanks Mitch, he says as I cuddle into him. No problem Biggums. I reply, my voice muffled by his chest.