stuck.

the party some chem major threw on the rooftop of lucas's apartment building was exactly as boring as el said it would be

the party some chem major threw on the rooftop of lucas's apartment building was exactly as boring as el said it would be. she'd been there for less than twenty minutes and she'd already heard three songs they sang on pitch perfect and the strongest drink she could find was beer.

el hated beer.

"it's not that bad," max tried to sway her out of leaving.

stood with her arms tightly crossed, el tilted her chin up to gesture behind her roommate. the redhead followed her gaze to find two guys, both wearing tucked-in plaid shirts, fighting one another with imaginary lightsabers.

max grimaced. "ok, so maybe it's that bad, but i promised lucas i would come and he promised the guys in his study group."

the brunette blinked. "and that has what to do with me?"

"because you're my best friend and you love me?" max replied, batting her long lashes.

el tried not to roll her eyes. though she wouldn't admit it, max was her best friend and she did love her. "lucas isn't even here," she pointed out.

max nodded, glancing down at her phone. "he's about to be, though. he said he'd bring some drinks and he forgot to get them earlier."

"if he doesn't bring something stronger than beer, i'm fucking leaving," el threatened for the tenth time since she arrived. "it's friday night, there's got to be something better than this going on somewhere."

her roommate frowned. "i'm sorry i dragged you here. i know it's not really your scene," she apologized, starting to feel a little bad when she realized they were surrounded by a bunch of stem majors in button-down shirts and lots of different shades of beige. el's midnight blue mini dress, leather jacket, and fishnets didn't exactly match the unspoken theme.

el waved it off. "it's fine. i've dragged you to plenty of questionable parties. we'll just say this is you getting even."

max smiled, and agreed, "yeah, you're right. this doesn't even compare to that party you took me to freshman year where we walked in on that couple when we were looking for a bathroom."

but seriously, what kind of couple brings chewbacca and stormtrooper masks to a party so they can wear them while they fuck? it wasn't even halloween. it was january.

"hey, babe. hey, el," lucas greeted, appearing from behind them.

el's faced with ultimate disappointment when she sees the 6-pack of beer in each of his hands. she growled, "you've got to be kidding."

lucas's brows bunched. "well, good to see you, too."

max shook her head, rubbing his arm. "she's just mad you brought beer. she hates beer, and it's all they have here."

lucas caught on. "you can go down to the apartment, and get something else if you want. i'm pretty sure there's some vodka and tequila in the freezer. mike even has some of that fancy rum and whiskey he hardly ever drinks."