Marie Itami

Both Michiru and my feet softly echoed throughout the underground subway tunnel, we were running. Not in haste, but in caution; you never know when a human is nearby.

We both stopped at a lonely ATM, and without saying a word, Michiru started speedily typing her bank code into the ATM.

Both of us wore cloaks that Michiru's parents had kindly allowed us to use, they were very unlike other humans. When they found out that Michiru and I had turned into beastwomen, they had been nothing but supportive.

I was very thankful to them. 

Michiru was still typing away her bank code( how can she do it with her paws?) when we heard footsteps from the end of the tunnel.

We both inhaled a large intake of air, and promptly hid in the nearest thing we could find; a small air vent in the tunnel wall.

Even though it was a cramped space, luckily both of our beastwomen forms were quite petit, so we were able to easily crawl in without a hitch.

Just in time, too, for if we had been a moment longer, the humans would have stumbled across us.

There were three of them, each with some sort of makeshift weapon in their hands. One even had a steel pipe.

We could only hear them as they graffitied the tunnel wall with something. Apparently that something was funny, because as soon as they had finished, they all snickered. They then started leisurely making their way to the opposite end of the tunnel, completely taking their sweet time.

Once they were far enough, both Michiru and I got out of our hiding spot, and walked over to see what the humans had written.

They had painted across a poster of a human hand grasping a beastman hand, in a sign of kinship. The graffitied words ruined the image, though. In black, the words said: Beastman deserve to die.

Michiru and I glanced dispairingly at each other before scurrying off into the tunnel, the opposite way the humans went.

The reason we went to the ATM in the first place was to ensure that we were prepared for anything, you never know, Anima-City could only allow beastmen in if they paid a fee.

We both clutched our cloaks as we made our way through the mostly deserted streets( most people were attending the riots near the city hall, so it was pretty safe for us), our destination being a greyhound bus scheduled to leave right about... now!

Our beastwomen forms were very agile, so we were able to leap the height of the bus and land on the roof with ease. We hardly even made a sound. The bus took off from the station.

Michiru is a tanuki, if your wondering what a tanuki is, it's practically a racoon. I, on the other hand, am a bunny( or rabbit, it really doesn't matter). We look like humans with only a few of our respective animals' attributes. Michiru has electric blue coloured hair with black tips, a very light brown fur on her skin, dark brown paws, and an electric blue coloured bushy tail with a black star-splash( like her hair). She has cat-like ears on top of her head. I have midnight purple coloured hair, light caramel coloured fur over my skin( though my arms and legs have midnight purple coloured fur instead). A white cottontail, and the last two things I have are fluffy paws the same colour as my arms and tall bunny ears on my head.

After the bus had been driving for some time, both Michiru and I finally un-tensed, we sat with unhidden relief. 

Michiru( sitting right beside me) pulled out her phone and immediately searched up the thing we had used to comfort ourselves for weeks, Anima-City.