𝟐. 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞.

Fayra gazed up at the grand mansion, her dark grey eyes wide with wonder. The name plate read "Khan's Mansion" in bold letters. The mansion was so large that she had to tilt her head back to see the top. At the entrance, a beautiful fountain caught her eye, with water flowing down in a series of small waterfalls. The garden to the side was lush and green, filled with vibrant flowers like lavender and many others.

A shrill voice shattered the spell,
❝ Miss, are you going to stand there forever? ❞ Fayra's gaze was met with a pair of ocean blue eyes that regarded her with disdain. She nodded hesitantly, before falling into step behind him, her heart racing with apprehension.

Fayra stood dry-eyed, her tears long exhausted. To her, life had always been a desolate landscape, and this new chapter seemed merely a different shade of hell. What pierced her heart, however, was the absence of Iram, the one person who had ever shown her kindness. She had waited in vain for her friend's farewell, only to learn from Mr. Idris Shah said that Iram was away at an important conference, leaving Fayra to face her uncertain future alone.

Musa's face twisted in rage as he snarled, ❝ What the fuck, you bitch! ❞ His ocean blue eyes, which held an uncanny familiarity for Fayra, now blazed with fury, scrutinizing her like a predator poised to strike. Fayra's mind had wandered, and she hadn't noticed her forehead bump into his back. She rubbed the spot, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment, as her heart quaked with fear.

Musa's gaze lingered on Fayra, transfixed by her presence. Her innocent dark grey eyes seemed to hold a mystical allure, while her slender neck and puffy lips captivated his attention. Her tanned skin appeared exquisite to his eyes. Yet, for the first time, Musa Hassan Khan found himself immune to a beauty that would normally ensnare his heart and mind. Accustomed to being the object of desire, he had always lavished praise on admiring girls, even when his heart and eyes remained unimpressed. But there was something about Fayra that left him strangely unmoved.

Yet, despite being utterly captivated by Fayra, Musa Hassan Khan refused to surrender so easily. His entire being was enthralled by her presence, but his pride and ego wouldn't let him succumb to his emotions without a fight.

The soft apology pierced the air, snapping Musa out of his trance-like state. His anger flared, fueled by his determination to hate her. But as her voice washed over him, his heart rebelled, skipping a beat in defiance of his resolve. He was at war with his own emotions, unable to tame the unpredictable rhythm of his heart.

❝ Get out of my sight, you repulsive creature! ❞ Musa bellowed, slamming the solid wooden door shut with a resounding crash, mere inches from Fayra's face. The force of his outburst sent her recoiling, tears streaming down her cheeks unchecked. As she turned away, a gentle voice broke the tense silence.

❝ Ma'am, your room is this way.❞A young maid stood before her, offering a kind smile as she beckoned Fayra to follow. With a quiet dignity, Fayra trailed behind the maid, leaving the turmoil behind.

Fayra's legs seemed to move of their own accord as she drifted down the corridor, her eyes captivated by the stunning artwork that adorned the grey walls. The canvases, each one a masterpiece, showcased the artist's incredible talent for capturing the essence of nature. The bold signature, "KHAFIFA," at the bottom of each piece added a touch of elegance. Fayra's gaze lingered on each artwork, mesmerized by the sheer beauty and value of the collection. Every corner of the wall featured a new treasure, each one a multimillion-dollar testament to the artist's skill.