Chapter 2.

{BEN's Point of View}

"Hey BEN, want to come do some tie dye shit? L.J stole some tie dye kits for everyone to do and pretty much everyone has something they can tye die. You down?" Jane asks,
"Yeah sure, I'm down. Eh... who is all going?" I look up at Jane, I am not sure why but I really do hope that Jeff is going to do this, Jeff and his friends I mean. They seem like a cool crew to get down with, that's all.
   But I do hate how Jeff is constantly occupying my mind, though. He creeps into my mind in the dead of night when I can't sleep and camps there, right in my thoughts. He makes a little tent and gets a cute campfire going, and makes it clear he does not want to leave. 
   It doesn't matter if my mind rains on him or gives him loud thunder and hurricanes, he stays right there and he is starting to do it in the day time as well. I hate it. I hate him.
      "BEN? Are you even listening? God! Guys are just such total fucking boneheads!" Jane cries,
      "You could always do a woman, you know? like men aren't the only option..." Clockwork stares at Jane. Those two fucking homos. Jane doesn't even know it!
      "Ok whatever, is the tie dye set up or?" I ask, I know the answer already but a guy can dream.
     "Nope, you can help us set it up though!" Jane smiles at me and swiftly turns around- I watch her as she walks away. What's wrong with me? Why don't I feel anything for her? I mean every straight guy here has a thing for her.
I stand up, keeping my head down as thoughts pool into my mind. What is wrong with me? Why am I different. This shit isn't fair, I mean we were all just kids, society taught us to be cruel and now they want us dead because of it.
"H-hey BEN! You headin to the Tie Die?" I hear Toby ask as he jogs up to me,
      "Uh yeah?" Toby is a nice kid, He's funny and pretty fit... well all of us are, but still.
      "What's with you and Jeff?" I freeze. What the fuck does he mean?
      "The fuck do you mean?" I stare at Toby, does Jeff not like me? God I hope he doesn't hate me.
      "I just mean you guys are always staring at each other, everyone has noticed. Like when your back is turned Jeff just stares at you, and when his back is turned you just sta-stare at him. Plus E.J says he feels tension between you guys. Are you two sneaking around? You know-n-now none of us have problems with that shit." toby keeps going on, but I don't really care. Jeff stares at me? What does he mean by everybody has noticed? I barely stare at Jeff.
      "Jeff stares at me? Why?" I cut Toby off, I mean he has to be lying right?
      "Oh my god. Don't worry, I'm the gay matchmaker of  Nicollet Forest"
      "Gay? Toby, I am not gay.  If I stare at Jeff it's probably just because he sits where I zone out or something, but I am not gay." I watch as he stares at me, mouth agape.
"Ok, alright, I'm sorry, I can set you guys up as friends? It is pretty obvious you t-two at least want to be friends." Toby smiles, "Here, you go outside and I will go grab Jeff, that cool with you?" I feel my heart speed up. He seems pretty cool so I'm pretty sure i'll like him, but what if he doesn't like me?
"Uh yeah... sure" I give Toby a double thumbs up as I walk away, he just laughs.
I get to the back door and push it open, everyone looks at me and most of them smile or wave, except for a special few... or a special one. Nina.
Nina hates my guts, which is a little upsetting because of how fucking psychotic she is, I lock my door and sleep with a knife for just in case she decides she wants to 'deal' with me. I ignore her today, and I head over to an empty table.
I hear the door creak open, and looking up I see Toby with Jeff, Toby smiles at me and starts walking over, so I do too, and we meet about halfway. I don't know exactly what happened, but I can hear Jeff, Jane and Clockwork bickering. By now me and Toby reach Jeff, he doesn't see us.
      "...allergic to the dyes..." Clockwork laughs and picks up the green dye bottle, aiming it at Jeff. I watch as everybody laughs at Jeff, and I see how he looks at the ground ashamed.
     "Maybe you can go hang out with the dog, Im sure he doesn't mind the smell of you." Clockwork adds, what the fuck is her problem? She is never this much of a bitch.
"Maybe you whores can move your table away from the back porch, because I am quite comfortable here and I really don't plan on moving, ta ta ladies!" Jeff smirks as he cocks his head to the right and waves at the girls, and I can't help but to laugh. Jeff's head snaps towards us and we make eye contact, my breath hitches in my throat.
      "Uh hey BEN, What're you doin over here?" I smile.
     "Oh I just wanted to say hi. You seem pretty chill, y'know? And I like how you handled them, I don't get why Clockwork is acting like a bitch because she usually is all against this bullying shit."  Jeff awkwardly looks around, and I honestly find his being shy attractive. Kind of like when a hot girl is considered mysterious if she is shy, that's how I feel.
      "Oh uh thanks..." He doesn't really go on, but it's fine. I can do all the talking if it means he is the one listening.
      "Hey, do you want to go inside?"  I hope he says yes, I don't really know why. Maybe hanging out with Jeff will help get him out of my head.