Chapter 5

The dark path that the three were going down suddenly widened and brightened as the carpet jumped up with excitement and pointed up to see the shiny lamp on top of a mound of rocks that was in a large lake, with stepping stones to it.

"Wait here." Denki whispered as he started off on the stones. Hanta crossed in arms and groaned, when suddenly he saw a red glowing catching his eye. Denki reached the tower of rocks and slowly made his way up the stairs that were there. The beam of light that was shining on the golden lamp shone bright, hurting Denki's eyes. He slowly reached out and carefully grabbed the lamp. "This is it? This is what we came all the way down here to-" Denki turned around when he saw Hanta grab the ruby and squealed in delight. "Hanta! No!"

"INFIDELS!"

Hanta looked around as the Cave yelled at him, he gulped and put the ruby back.

"YOU HAVE TOUCHED THE FORBIDDEN TREASURE!" The Cave of Wonders yelled as the walls and floors started to shake and the ruby started to melt from lava. "YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!"

The stand that the lamp was on set on fire as Denki quickly ran down the stairs, rocks started to fall from the ceiling and the carpet quickly took off dodging them. The once beautiful lake turned into a lake of lava and the staircase Denki was on turned into a slide and he almost fell into the lava when the carpet caught him with incredible speed. Hanta jumped on the sinking stepping stones and he went to step when he realized that he was on the last one. He jumped up when he noticed that Denki was flying towards him.

"Gotcha!" Denki yelled as he grabbed the trefied monkey, when suddenly the lava came up into a wave. "Carpet, let's move!"

The carpet took off down the entrance of the cave with the lava following them, when a huge rock came down and Hanta jumped on Denki's face.

"Hanta! Hanta, this is no time to panic." Denki said, ripping him off of his face, when he noticed a huge wall coming up. "Start panicking."

The carpet dived down and into a small archway where the lava quickly rose and a blast of fire fired up from the ground, trying to knock them off. A rock came from the ceiling hitting the carpet nd Denki and Hanta went flying forward

~

Thunder roared as the Cave of Wonders roared in anger, Shiro pulled his cape up when he noticed Denki was hanging onto a ledge. Shiro, or the old man, reached his hand down for the lamp.

"Help me out!"

"Throw me the lamp." The old man said.

"I can't hold on. Give me your hand." Denki reached forward trying to grab his skinny hand.

"First give me the lamp." The old man ordered Denki to pull out the lamp and he reached down and grabbed it. "Yes! At last!"

Denki grunted in fear as his fingers started to slip from the ledge, Hanta jumped up and tried to pull him up when he was kicked in the side, the man bent down and grabbed Denki's hand.

"What are you doing?" Denki yelled.

"Giving you your reward." The old man cackled and pulled out a knife. "Your eternal reward."

As he drawed the knife up, Hanta jumped up and bit down on his arm causing him to steam in pain and his other hand let go of Denki who started to fall down with Hanta falling also.

They both screamed as the ground got closer when suddenly the carpet flew up and caught them but a rock fell and hit Denki's head knocking him unconscious.

~

The Cave roared in agony as he started to sink back into the ground and all that was left was a small glow before all went silent. Shiro chuckled in glee and changed back to his original form.