'You wanted me to.'

Saturday came and went without hide nor hair of Warren. I hadn't seen him at all throughout the day or at the burger bar while I worked. I had a feeling that he was avoiding me because of the night before. When he didn't show up after I finished work I was sure he was. I tried not to overthink but I knew something was wrong. Maybe he had felt what I felt, no of course he didn't. He had probably just got caught up in the moment and didn't want to give me the wrong idea.

I didn't have to work Sunday night for a change so I met up with Jodie and Colbie at the burger bar. For once I would be the one ordering not taking the orders. It had been so long since the three of us had done something like this. We sat at our favourite booth and spent the evening catching up.

  'So Colbie, how is the lovely Theo?' I asked.

  'He is wonderful and very much looking forward to coming to see you all on break.' Colbie answered sporting the biggest smile.

I loved how happy Theo made him, especially since they didn't get to see each other through the week.

  'Awe brilliant! I can't wait to see him again; he was brilliant helping me with my scholarship applications.'

Jodie was busy perusing the menu she had read many times before.

  'I don't know if I want a milkshake or a cherry cola.' She contemplated pursing her lips in concentration.

  'Go for a milkshake less gassy.' Colbie determined for her.

  'Plus I can make pretty colour bubbles.' Jodie explained.

We ordered our food and drinks and gossiped and laughed together all night. We were just heading through the door when Warren and Selena walked in. There was an awkward moment where we were in each other's way. Warren looked at the three of us for a split second then snapped himself out of it.

  'Come on we're going, I've changed my mind.' He said dragging Selena back out with him.

I composed myself before my friends realised how affected I was by our close encounter.

  'That was odd. He's so pretty though.' Jodie interjected.

I got home that night more confused than ever. Why had he acted like that, all he had to do was walk past but he couldn't even do that. I didn't know what bothered me more, him avoiding me or knowing that he was somewhere alone with Selena. I didn't know what any of this meant for our secret night time friendship and I doubted he would make an appearance again that night. I was determined not to sit and think about him anymore and got ready for bed. I was led watching a movie when at around 11.30pm a light in Warren's room caught my eye. I wished I had never looked. The curtains were wide open and I could see right in. Warren was in his room but he was not alone. Selena was draped all over him and they had their tongues down each other's throat. He threw Selena onto his bed, pulled his top off and made his way to shut the curtains. He stopped for a second when he saw me, but then just continued to shut the curtains. I should have looked away as soon as I saw Selena, but I didn't and I felt sick. I tried to choke back the tears but I couldn't, what I saw hurt. I had no right to him, he could do what he wanted after all but it hurt nonetheless. What hurt the most was that I had a feeling that he had meant for me to see what he was about to do. I fell asleep soon after hoping that sleep would erase my memory of Warren and Selena's intermingled bodies. I was woken by a familiar tapping noise again. Confusion flooded me as I recognised what the noise was. I made my way to open the window; there he was looking up at me as if nothing had occurred. He must have been finished with Selena for the night.