Chapter 1 Cold Memories

"The cold is something within me, but it is something I can never fully accept"

Threin, the youngest in their family of assassins from liyue and the first one of them that was born with unstable elemental energy. But, the family neglected this and thought that he can have a normal life.

"Mom, why are people scared of me?"
Asks Threin.

"Honey, those people just doesn't understand how special you are, don't let them affect you ok?"
His Mother replied.

I... still remember when mother thought I was special, but the only thing Im sure about is that I'm a monster.

It was when I was 7 years old when my vision came to me, It was a cryo vision.
Getting my vision was everything to me during the time.

But, due to how unstable my energy is, the elders decided to seal it within me.. It felt like something was missing from me after they sealed it, and after a few moments I blacked out.

"Threin!! Don't do this to us, Please!!" a familiar voice shouted.

"S-son this isn't you.. please stop, I beg of you" another familiar voice was heard.

I woke up with my head hurting so much and the voices shouting in my head started to go away, I slowly opened my eyes. Flames, blood, tears, weapons.. everything broken was all around me, and I felt happy.

I stood up, and blood started dripping from above. I looked up, It was my father stuck to a pillar with a spear impaled through him.

I was scared, I didn't know who attacked us, my head keeps hurting.. I wanted.. no, I needed to find my Mother. Then with a glance I saw her from afar, she was stabbed. I didn't know what to do other than hold onto her.

With her last breath, she said "Do not ever blame yourself"

Memories.. no Nightmares started to flood my brain, but this time theyre real. I was the one who killed everyone, but it also wasn't me. I was confused and then I heard a girls voice "I am Etherin and I am you."

Learning of her existence I received her memories, I knew that this Etherin is the one who caused me to do this, I tried to end my life to get rid of her but she keeps taking over my consciousness. As time passed by I started to lose the feelings I had towards my family, my love, hope, care towards tyem was vanishing.. as if everything that happened was just a bad dream.

"The moment I knew Etherin existed, I felt that I am complete, but the cost of this feeling is one I can never justify"