Another Bad Day

Today’s another bad day, so I go in the bathroom and find my blade.

Sliding down the door I touch the cool metal against my skin. I close my eyes and move it across my wrist. I open my eyes and look down at the dark red blood dripping down. Not all the pain is released so I make four more cuts. Finally I drop the blade and start wiping away the blood.

I hadn’t noticed the tears on my face until now.

Your such a baby, Quinn!

I dry them and open the door that leads to my bedroom. I look around for my book and spot it on my desk. My phones lying next to it with about 4 messages. They’re all from unknown numbers. Most of them say how ugly I am, but the last one really gets to me. Go kill yourself bitch!

After I read that message, the actual thought crossed my mind.

Everybody’s life would be easier without me, I mean what am I good for? Nothing.

After these thoughts crossed my mind I was going to swallow a handful of sleeping pills. I stopped when I heard Will walk through the front door.

“Quinn! I got your ice cream!” he yelled up the stairs.

I could hear his footsteps getting nearer. I quickly hid the bottle and threw the pills across the room. Will knocked just as I sat down on my bed pretending to have been reading.

“Come in.” I answered.

Will opened the door and walked in. “Here ya go and here’s the change.” he said dumping the money on my desk.

“Thanks, kid!” I faked a smile for him. “No problem! So what do you want to do?” he asked sitting down next to me.

“How about we go downstairs and have a Paranormal Activity movie marathon? Sound good?” I asked putting my arm around his shoulder. Will nodded his head quickly.

“Okay, I’ll get the popcorn and you get the movies. Ready, set, break!” I faked enthusiasm climbing down the stairs to the kitchen. I popped two bags of popcorn for us and grabbed some Twizzlers. Will was already putting in the first movie when I walked in with the snacks.

“You were so scared! Did you see your face?!?” I laughed pointing at Will. “It’s not funny!” he yelled. I giggled some more but finally calmed down. “Okay, okay I’m sorry.” I smiled. Will pouted at me crossing his arms. I looked at the clock above the tv and saw that it was 11:30pm.

“Okay, kid. We need to go to bed. I’ll turn everything off.” I stood up nudging Will to head upstairs. He followed my directions while I took the bowls to the kitchen putting them in the dishwasher. Going back to the living room I turned the lights off and headed up the stairs. Heading to my bedroom I heard Will yell my name.

“What!” I yell back at him. No answer. I made my way to the bathroom but Will wasn’t in there.

“Will, this isn’t funny! Answer me!” I screamed searching the bathroom frantically.

The house was eerily silent while I waited for a response. “Boo!” Will yelled as he jumped in front of my face.

“AHHHHHHH!” I screamed as loud as I could. I saw Will bent over laughing his ass off while I was here standing after having a heart attack.

“Don’t you ever do that again! Dammit, Will!” I yelled with tears in my eyes. Before he could answer I stormed off to my room and went straight to bed.