Chapter 1

As I walk in the door I'm greeted by the harsh tone of the man I would've once called my father. "I thought I warned you that if you drink you'll end up like her." He says referring to the photograph on the wall of your now deceased mother. I am about to deny his accusations of drinking when his rough hands reach out to grab your upper arm. I decide not to struggle as he drags me up the stairs and locks me in my room for the night. But little did I know a set of piercing blue eyes were observing my every move and little did I know that the very same blue eyes would be my saviour. Well for tonight anyway...

************************

I lay restlessly in my bed, tossing and turning, struggling to get to sleep. As I drift in and out of consciousness, I hear a clatter come from the hallway. Anxiously I fumble around for my baseball bat but instead I grasp the light switch. As I flick the light on I am met with the most mesmerising blue eyes however the image is vividly replaced when I'm hit over the head with the very bat I was looking for. Then without a struggle you drift into an endless coma like state. Coughing and wheezing I wake up to see the same mesmerising blue eyes and 6ft figure.Then he speaks.

"Why do you sit there and take all the abuse from everyone?" He reaches out suddenly and tries to grab my arm but the overwhelming memories make me flinch from his touch. Like usual I cower in the corner. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." He eases, his eyes softening as he speaks. I sit there for a few minutes intrigued by his handsomeness and his friendliness towards a complete stranger. He then sighs realising I'm not going to communicate whatsoever and makes his way to the door. "Wait!" I cry. "What is your name?" I ask. To which he replies, "Luke, Luke Hemmings." Then he swiftly pulls open the door and walks out with a smirk on his face. Within the blink of an eye my saviour is gone.