Friday

Alex picks me and Jack up.
"Sugar butt? Wanna go to my party tomorrow night?"
"Umm."
"She's going to be working on the group project with me tomorrow night." Jack says.
"Oh." Alex says, looking slightly disappointed.
Jack winks at me. I wink back. He saved my butt.
We get to school. Alex goes to his class and me and Jack go to ours. We register our project and sit down. Within minutes, girls swarm him. I can't even see him there's so many. The bell rings and the girls fill up all the seats next to him. Some big girl even tried to push me out of mine but the teacher told her to take her seat.
"Now class there is some news. There is a huge snowstorm coming in sometime this weekend and in advance, were canceling school on Monday."
Cheers of joy come from the classroom.
"Alright now. Turn to page 394."
"Mrs. Daniel? I.." says Sam.
"Page 394."

Finally, it's gym, the one class when me, Alex, and Jack are all in.
"Today, you get to show your inner wimp. You'll all be ballroom dancing just in time for the Winter Dance in two weeks!"
Groans come from the guys.
"Pair up or I will pair you!"
"I'll demonstrate. Devin please come here."
Everyone laughs.
"Men, place your hand on her waist like so."
She places Devin's hand on her waist. More laughter.
"The other will be folded in hers."
She grabs his hand. Even more laughter.
"And dance in a square pattern with the man leading."
As Devin begins to dance, no one can control themselves.
"Your turn." She says.
Alex lends me his hand. I blush. Alex bows to me. He places his hand on my waist. I blush even more. He grabs my other hand and we glide across the gym floor. He's such an excellent dancer.
"So um sugar butt?"
"Yeah?"
"Would you like to come over on Sunday and like.. watch a movie on Netflix or some something?"
"Oh A-Alex.. yes I would."
"Really?"
"Come pick me up around 7 o'clock on Sunday?"
"Yes."
Then, the song ends.
"Good job you wimps! Time for just one more!"
Jack walks up to me and Alex.
"May I butt in?" He asks.
Alex smiles and backs away. He thinks he's got it in the bag. Then, Jack smiles his devilish smile and I melt. He places his hand on my waist and we're off. We seem to fly across the floor.
"Alright now. Class dismissed." says the gym teacher.
"Hey now? What to come for ice cream?" I ask.
"In the middle of winter?"
"Why not!?" And we laugh. Alex comes by and we all decide to meet up at my place for ice cream.