Cake (KSJ X Reader)

*

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"Y/N, I'm so relieved that you're able to come cake-tasting with me!" Dara says with the utmost gratitude in her voice. She and I are currently sitting in the consultation area of the Moon Bakery. The bakery is a charming place and is well-respected in the city. She and I are about to try out different flavors of cake to consider for Dara and Taehyung's wedding cake. Taehyung has been letting Dara make the final decisions because he fully trusts her judgement.

"Of course, Dara! I know Taehyung is disappointed that he had to fly, last minute, to the other side of the country to help with what's going on with Namjoon's company. And, I know you've been so overwhelmed with the wedding. I'm here for you, one hundred percent." I flash my best friend the most comforting smile I can give her.

Dara and I have been working for the same advertising company for the past three years. During that time, we have formed an inseparable bond. She's like the sister I've always wanted.

"That is why you're my best friend and Maid of Honor," she returns my smile with a cheesy one.

While we are sitting, I look around at my surroundings and I admire the way that the place is decorated in a sleek, modern way but with a touch of charm.

"Ms. Lee, Ms. L/Y/N, here is an assortment of cake flavors that we can start out with," McKenna, the manager of the shop, walks up to the table and places a big tray in front of us. There are five pieces of cake, each placed on cute paper doilies.

"Mmm, these all look so scrumptious," I say as I look at each piece. The sweet aroma wafts through the room, making my mouth water.

"McKenna, is everything going okay out here?" A man questions, from behind us. Both Dara and I turn to see a man walking over to the table. He emerged from the kitchen where all the baking magic is happening.

"Ms. Lee and Ms. L/Y/N were about to start trying some of the cake samples," McKenna informs the man.

"Oh, well I can take over, from here. They need you over at the bakery side. Some customers had some queries that you might be able to help with, and you'll need to help Aera and Lianne since they're still fairly new to the staff." The man stops to stand next to McKenna, who nods at him.

As soon as I get a better view of his face, my eyes widen and my jaw slightly drops.

"Will do, Sir." McKenna turns to us, "Ladies, I need to step away, but you will be in great hands with the owner of the shop, Jin."

"Jin?" I am dumbfounded as I connect eyes with the man standing in front of me.

"Y/N? Well, what a surprise seeing you here," Jin's mouth curves into a smile.

"Um...do you know each other?" Dara asks as she looks between me and Seokjin.

"Jin and I went to the same university. We were both business majors and had a lot of classes together," I simply answer her.