Chapter 22

She could not help but notice the exquisite workmanship done on the diamond, which was carefully carved into the shape of a shooting star, and just like that celestial object, the pendant was dazzling at one glance.

She was startled at the sight of it.

It was unknown when exactly, but Lisa now stood before her.

Wearing a black shirt with her dark hair combed to perfection and her handsome face complemented by expressively tantalizing eyes, the woman's concentration was fully on her.

In this haughty and aloof woman's dark orbs was tenderness that she never had before.

This rare tenderness could melt even the world's coldest glacier.

Irene was astonished. Was that a shooting star earlier or was it this diamond necklace?

Her heart felt that everything about tonight might be her specially arranged 'surprise'.

What made her the most surprised was that she did not think that she would spend her time on a date with her.

From what she knew, her time was gold. Controlling such a large conglomerate like Emgrand was definitely no easy task!

Still...

Although she had her suspicion, she still did not expect Lisa to prepare this much.

For a moment, she felt stupid.

Did Lisa know that she had gone overboard last night, so she set this mysterious date to surprise her and make up for it?

She did not know how haughty this woman was.

She was Lisa's first woman.

Also, she was the only woman she was willing to devote all her mind to.

Lisa had never put so much effort into anything like this before.

This truly was her first time.

While many aspects of this date were based on Min Yu's suggestions, that was only because she did not know how a woman's mind worked.

What did she like?

What did she not like?

Clueless about anything, Lisa could only rely on her subordinate's advice and fumble around.

Lisa's eyes never left hers. She saw the astonishment in her enchanting peach eyes over the diamond pendant dangling before her.

Did this woman specially prepare all these because she felt sorry about last night and wanted to make amends?

She secretly cursed to herself and lifted her eyes to check her expression furtively.

"Like it?" Lisa's low voice came out of her mouth.

She kept her silence. The anger in her eyes reminded her of her cruelty last night, and her resentment toward her was evoked.

Her vision fell on the stunning pendant again. No matter how hard she tried to keep the cold arc on her lips, she still smiled at this unexpected surprise.

Judging from the twinkle in her eyes, she presumed that she liked this surprise a lot! Women were weak to such surprises, indeed!

Thus, Lisa took her by the shoulders, turned her around, and moved to put the pendant around her neck.

She broke free from her in a matter of seconds. After this brief display of intimacy, she was back to being indifferent.

In her eyes, she appeared to still be mad at her!