Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ace

That kiss was everything, she tasted so good. Hints of cherry on her lips, and mint on her tongue. Damn

The party is roaring around me, but my thoughts are calm and quiet resting on the thoughts of her mouth on mine. I need to feel them. Absentmindedly I run upstairs tripping over all the items I made sure to avoid earlier only now I'm hyper focused on one thing. Maria.

I grab my keys from my dresser and run back down the stairs, without saying a word to anyone I make to my charger and hit the start button, it roars to life, and I floor it out of the driveway and into the night. I have to be around her.

I hit the Bluetooth button and demand my car to call maria, as the line begins to ring, my palms start to get sweaty on the steering wheel. I wipe them on my jeans, what the fuck is wrong with me I don't chase girls, but maria isn't just any girl, she isn't a girl at all she is a grown as fuck independent sexy woman! The call goes to voicemail after a few rings as if she ignored it. My confidence falters and I wonder for a split second if it was because kissed her and she didn't like it.

She had to like it thought I saw her cheeks flush, her pulse quicken, and her nipples hardened against my chest. I know she liked it.

I command the car to text her.

Me: hey Maria, I left the party wanted to see if I could pick you up to get food? Just me and you.

No response.

Shit! What the fuck?

Just as I start to get pissed the fuck off my car chimes, and begins to read off "text message from Maria, read now or ignore?"

Read now! I shout, anxious to know what she has to say.

Maria: sorry Ace, I don't think it's a good idea. I have a lot going on and being at that party made me think about our age difference and even though him not exactly an old lady I just think you are a little young for me. Live your life party boy, go have fun. I'm boring anyway.

I pull into the parking lot of a store nearby and I text back.

Me: bullshit.

Maria: excuse me?

Me: I call bullshit, maybe it has a little to do with my age, but you felt something when we kissed, and you know it. Now I may be wrong and correct me if I am, but that kiss scared you.

Maria: wrong!

Me: I call bullshit again, in fact I think I'm right on the money maria. I think that miss independent, strong, and sexy maria, isn't as strong as she claims to be, I think the thought of something real with a young guy like me scares you because its unknown.

I wait a couple minutes and no bubbles pop up to indicate she is responding but it clearly says read.

No response.

Me: the fact that you are responding so little tells me I'm right and let me tell you something else ill be vulnerable here. That party boy façade is one thing, but I am a damn good guy and although I'm young I guarantee you this will be your loss. Ill also say I have never felt what I felt when I kissed you. Now I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me or what you did but there was something. In fact, more than something, it was kind of weird, but I want to see you, in fact it's a need.

Nothing again.

Me: I sound like a desperate puppy to you I'm sure, but give a guy a chance to show you, let's go on a couple regular dates just you and me. Quiet and chill nothing crazy, and just as friends. I won't kiss you again unless you want me to. Oh, and one more thing you aren't the only older women I would have dated.

I see bubbles and then they disappear. It happens several times in the span of a few minutes.

I'm not saying anything else I put myself out there. The ball is in her court and although something tells me this is fucking weird because we just met, the magnetic energy I feel when near her is undeniable.

I know she feels it too.

I put my car in drive and begin to take off when my car chimes again, same as earlier,

I put it in park again and hit read.

Maria: okay, ill admit you are kind of right but theres more to the story. I'm not good for you though and I still don't think it's a good idea. I dont want you to get hurt.

I start to respond that I disagree because it's really Her that doesn't want to get hurt but another text comes in.

Maria: you are handsome, sexy even and charming and kind, but I don't deserve to be with someone who is all those things, I'm fucked up and I don't even want to be saying this, but I don't think you will drop it otherwise.

I hit send on the message I was typing before I read hers.

And start to respond to the next and delete it and decide to just ask her where she is that's ill come get her and we can talk.

She denies that and calls me.

I can't talk long Ace, but I wanted to say your right there is something and where I come from that something is dangerous. I can't go out with you so no dates, we can be friends though okay just take it easy, I don't want you to get caught up in something you aren't ready for. I have to go I have a..... appointment in the morning.

I start to say something, and she interrupts.

The kiss was amazing Ace, it was.... Unexplainable. I have to go now, I will reach out when I'm free. Okay?

All right. I say simply feeling defeated.

Talk to you soon gorgeous.

The car is eerily silent, and I can't shake the feeling that even though she said I'm right there is indeed more to her story. Something to uncover, her tone was definitely off. She sounded..... scared.

I put the car in drive and head home.

The kiss was amazing she said, my stomach turns and my cock twitches in my pants. I want her so bad. I will do anything to get her. She will be mine.

I walk inside my home and even though everyone in here is living their best life, the music is pumping, and the bright lights are flashing everything looks dull and boring to me.

Something clicked, something changed, a flip switched in my brain.

What the fuck did Maria do to me?