06 : An Escape

"The attic!"

"The attic!"

He says enthusiastically and Ryujin clasps her hands together. "Yes! The attic!"

It is a great solution. The attic is on the first floor and it will take more than an hour for the lava to reach there. It will be enough time for planning what to do next.

"Okay, but how do we reach there?" Beomgyu asks, eyes fixed on the small hallway leading to the drawing room.

Because the hallway's ceiling has the door to the attic. A horizontal door that opens to the ground.

Yeonjun wants to slap his past self who thought this was cool while purchasing the house few years back.

"Quick, we are running out of time," Chaeryeong warns them, clutches Ryujin's hand tightly.

Taehyun looks at the pelmet, the same that he used to come out of his room. He looks around and almost all the walls have a long pelmet.

"Do you know how to do pull-ups?" He asks, brain working to form a plan.

"This is not th—"

"Just answer me!" That quiets Yuna and they all look warily at each other.

"Somewhat." Ryujin scratches her neck. She feels tacky in her clothes. The temperature has sure exceeded fifty centigrades.

"Good. Now, what we can do is use this pelmet—" he points his finger along it, "—to reach to the door."

"What about me?!" Kai screams. He's still in the kitchen. "There is no pelmet in the kitchen, and I can't leave this fridge!"

Goddamnit. He's more than six feet away from them.

"First we'll have to get him to the couch." Yeonjun suggests and all nod.

The refrigerator is near the wall that connects the hallway to the kitchen.

"Maybe if I make a jump long enough to land on the coffee table.."

"Kai are you crazy?!" Chaeryeong snarls at the boy, not believing his idea.

They definitely can't let him do that, because it's way too risky. But then again, it's nothing compared to the current situation they're in.

"No! This is the only option left," he says pleadingly. "Nothing will happen, I promise."

Yeonjun sighs and nods, pushes the table towards the kitchen a little.

Kai looks at the burning red lava that is hurting his eyes. It's scary, it can envelope anything within itself.

He gulps, readies himself to make that jump. The other six are holding their breaths, praying for the best.

Then he inhales deeply and jumps, his feet leaving the refrigerator instantly.

His jump made no difference because instead of landing on the table — he falls straight into the lava and it engulfs him. He could only let out an ear-piercing scream.

 He could only let out an ear-piercing scream