An A+ Love Story-or not...? pt. 1

*beep beep beep*

My first thought of the day is ughhhh as I reach over to turn off my alarm.

I mean I guess it's my fault for waking up at 5:00am but sometimes I wish I could just hibernate for my whole life.

But I hate not being productive so I drag myself out of bed to the bathroom and start to brush my shoulder-length auburn hair.

"Kiara, did you ever unload the dishes last night like I told you to?" my mom called from her room.

crap

"Uh no sorry mom. I'll do it right now" I answered

"Kiara Athena Cameron, how come you never do what I say?"

(yes I'm named after the greek goddess Athena. my mother is a greek mythology enthusiast and thought it fit the high standards she set for me)

'Because you put too much on my plate and I can never satisfy you. No A+ is ever good enough' I think but instead I say, "sorry, you're right. I'll do better" because I know it would be more fun than the screaming match that could have followed

My mom has had it hard ever since my dad left but she was always so hard on me. I mean it did help that I am naturally very intelligent and want to do well in school but sometimes I wish she could just love me for who I was.

Anyways, I put away the dishes, brushed my teeth, put on a little makeup and put on my favorite pair of jeans and a purple sweater.
That was when my best friend, Naomi Mason, texted me, "Kia, a new kid supposedly just transferred to our school today. I heard he's actually pretty friendly"

New kids are ALWAYS a big deal at our school as we have a small high school. I don't know the exact number for the other grades but the sophomore year has about 150 people.

I respond with "huh, interesting" and left for school. I just got my drivers permit and my mom has always kept two cars so I have a little sage BMW. I get teased for having a small car but I don't mind.

————————————————————————

I walk into my advanced calculus class and sit down at my desk. I'm basically the teachers pet in every class so Mr. Brown checks my homework first to make it the example. That's when I realize a tall fluffy, brown-haired boy that I've never seen before is stand next to Mr. Brown and he introduces himself. He was actually . . . . kinda cute.

"Hi, I'm the new kid, Theo Sawyer. I'm pretty sure this is my first class. I'm good at math, so I think you'll grow to like me pretty quickly" he said with a cocky smile.

great. He was one of those entitled guys that think they're always the smartest ones in the room. I take it back, he is definitely not cute.

"Nice to met you Mr. Sawyer" Mr. Brown said with a laugh. "You can take a seat next to Ms. Cameron right here".

NO. No way was I sitting next to this egotistical asshole

I tried to respond politely, "Oh but Mr. Brown, my friend Naomi usually sits here"

"I apologize Ms. Cameron but I was hoping that you would be a friend to Mr. Sawyer here and help show him around the school until he gets familiar with it" he asks, "and I think you'd be the best person for the job"

please no

"Of course Mr. Brown, I'd love to" I responded being the suck up I am.

"Thank you, I appreciate it"

Theo then sat down and waited for Mr. Brown to leave before saying, "of course Mr. Brown, I'd looveeeeee to" in a high pitched voice to mock me.

I roll my eyes.

"You're such a bad liar you know that" he told me.

"Shut up" I say

This kid was already getting on my nerves

"Hey what's your first name by the way?" Theo asked me.

"You don't get to know"

"Ouch, fine. Then I'll just call you Cam"

"Okay Sawyer" I said, exaggerating his last name.

"Eh I like my last name better anyways" he said with a charming smile.

I sighed. "What does your schedule look like so I can show you your classrooms?" I asked and he handed it over to me.

That's when I notice he is in all my classes.
Every.
Single.
One.

kill me I think

(author's note: this is my first time ever really writing so I hope you like the first chapter (: This is pretty short only about 700 words long)