Chapter 1.

Sunlight streaming through the blinds wasn't the worst way to wake up, Harry thought, even if it was 5 minutes before his alarm was set to go off. He's had worse wake up calls and at earlier times in the morning. He kicks the navy blue duvet off and stretches, knowing if he laid there any longer he would fall back asleep. While rubbing the grogginess from his eyes he stalks over to his dresser and grabs some clean clothes for the day.

The chilly air in the apartment doing its job of waking him up, getting him to move a little faster to the bathroom and under the warm shower water. Breathing in the steam and preparing for another day among his peers. Another day of the same routine. School, work, home.

Before he can even step out of the shower his Aunt is banging on the door. "Harry! You forgot to turn your alarm off again!"

"Sorry!" Dammit, he thinks, this was her only day to sleep in too. He'll just have to make it up to her with some French toast and bacon. She'll forgive him.

He steps out on the mat and quickly dries off and gets dressed in some simple black skinnies and t-shirt, trying to hurry so he won't be late to school after making breakfast. He can hear the heater click on while he's rummaging through the cupboards gathering ingredients for his apology.

"I'm really sorry about the alarm, can you forgive me?" Harry says, spinning around to face his Aunt with a cheesy grin and both dimples on full display, while holding the bread and eggs. She cracks a smile and shakes her head, moving over to the coffee pot without saying a thing. He's puzzled by the lack of response but decides not to question it, and gets to work cracking the eggs.

As he starts to whisk the eggs, his Aunt says with a sly grin, "I was already awake to be honest, but now that you've already started on breakfast you should definitely finish it."

"That's why you didn't say anything! You little shit." He laughs as he begins dipping the bread in the egg mixture. "Well good, I'm glad I didn't wake you. What are you doing up so early then?" The bacon starts to sizzle as he pours himself a cup of coffee in the rainbow mug his Aunt bought him after he moved in. It always makes him feel welcome somehow.

"I have a client meeting today that was rescheduled two weeks ago, I forgot about it until my phone went off with the reminder this morning. Which unfortunately means that I need the car today. I can give you a lift to school, but you'll have to walk to work. Sorry." She says regretfully.

"Don't worry about it Aunt Linda, Mr. Tomlinson will probably be able to give me a ride like usual." He says as he hands her her plate with the first two finished pieces of French toast and the syrup, hoping to ease some stress. His Aunt is a saint, she deserves all the happiness in the world.

"Oh good, that man is the best." She says with some relief. "You should invite him over for dinner on Sunday."

"I'll mention it to him, I'm sure he'd love that." Harry says, looking down at his plate. 'I'd love that.' He thinks to himself.