Accidents And New Friends

The following day came and I have to admit, it was colder than usual.

I shivered as I woke up in bed.

As I stared up and through my slant window above me, I noticed the grey mist that covered everywhere seemed to be gone, but now it was replaced by the chill.

Wincing as I placed my legs on the ground, I rushed out and into the bathroom, taking a very hot shower than usual… seriously, I’m sure some parts of my skin will be red in no time but I seriously didn’t care. It really was chilly.

Heading back into my room, I quickly changed into an outfit that covered me up.

Plain black leggings and white socks over the leggings to my calf with white converse and a grey loose sweat shirt.

I put my hair in a tight bun and grabbed my bag, heading down.

I heard Bella in her room probably dressing up as well and I immediately made myself a hot cup of coffee, almost inhaling it but welcoming the warmth it brought.

Looking out the window, I saw that it snowed through the night.

The ground was covered with snow… everywhere!

It made me a bit worried about driving though as the road seemed slippery and wetter than usual.

I just had to be careful.

Hearing footsteps, I turn and spot Bella heading into the kitchen and give her a small greeting.

“Morning.”

I grunt as I pour myself some coffee in a thermal container for school. There was no way I’d entertain getting a cold when I just arrived at Forks.

No way!

“Morning.”

Bella answered back, a bit curt but still nice, and it definitely made me pause as I turned a bit to stare at my sister who had grabbed herself some cereal for breakfast.

She must have felt my intense staring because she turned back to me.

“What?”

I shook my head, turning away from her and putting my thermal container into my bag.

“Nothing. Just wondering what entered the usually moody Bella Swan on an actual cold and icy morning.”

I gave her a wan smile as I walked out of the kitchen and I heard her reply.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny.”

I snorted though I knew this time I had been the one to instigate.

What could I say?

Bella was just fun to rile, though she was incapable of understanding jokes.

As I stepped out the door, I hugged myself a bit, quickly taking my head warmer out of my bag and straight on my head.

Taking a step towards my car, I noticed the ground was quite slippery and it was really easy to fall and get injured.

I definitely wasn’t looking forward to that in anyway.

I took my time tiptoeing towards my car in an hilarious ‘the floor is lava’ way and I swear I spotted the neighbor opposite staring at me weirdly but whatever.

I thankfully arrived at my car without accidentally doing a backflip and backed out the street, off to the high school.

Cold aside, it seemed I was already settling into the Forks life once more.

Take that Bella Swan!

__________________________________

“Hey Gabby!”