Father-Daughter Time and Dates

Saturday arrived and the skies were cloudy, signaling it was going to rain soon.

Hopefully not. Sometimes the weather really could be deceiving around here.

I looked into dad’s room to see he wasn’t in again.

He probably came home late, slept for a few hours and then went straight to work again.

That’s it. I’ll head over to his workplace during lunch… but only after I was through with my Ballet practice of course.

I quickly had my bath, changing into my stretchy outfit, shouting out to Bella I was leaving, and then was out the door.
____________________________

This time, I practiced from 11 to 1pm.

Sadly I didn’t catch Kim as she probably would arrive later. On Saturdays, the practice time were more flexible and she probably wanted to sleep in or maybe even spend time with Jared.

I wonder if I’ve seen him before.

Maybe when I still used to come around for holidays with Bella.

We used to hang around the beach after all, and the La Push kids mainly situated themselves around there.

After I was done, I stopped at a deli shop that seemed to be recently opened.

I bought some food for dad and myself so we could eat together and drove back to Forks.

I knew dad wouldn’t have eaten. He ate usually by 6-7am, 2pm and then dinner. Only changing it occasionally.

I chose burgers, chicken wings and fries. I also got a bottle of chilled Pepsi for myself. Dad probably stacked his place with bottled waters and beers so there was no need for me to get that.

It wasn’t like I’d be able to get it for him anyways.

I packed my car as soon as I got to the station, spotting a couple of cop cars here and there and I walked in with the bags.

I found myself in an open office setting of some kind.

Cops of both gender sat or moved around and on the left, I saw an open door and heard a bark.

Oh yeah. They had police dogs.

A female cop in her late 20s or so noticed me and walked over.

She had dark caramel skin and a pretty face.

“Hello there. Anything I can help you with?”

I smiled.

“Ah yes please. I’m looking for my dad, Charlie Swan.”

Her eyes immediately lit up as she stared at me.

“Oh! You’re Charlie’s daughter?”

As soon as she said that, some cops looked up interestedly.

“Charlie’s daughter?”

“Charlie’s daughter’s here?”

“That’s the chief’s daughter??”

I fought down a blush that threatened to spread across my cheek.

Normally I’d take it in stride, but these were freaking cops!

All staring at me like a different creature and the beautiful cop rolled her eyes.

“Alright. Stop bugging her or Charlie will force more work on you.”

“True.”

A blonde haired, blue eyed male cop that looked in his early 30s said with a smile before grinning at me.