NINE

Aspen couldn't shake the day's experiences from her mind. It had to be some sick joke that an animatronic could be so horny.

But was it also a sick joke that Aspen felt a tang of happiness at the thought of the large Gator? Such a joke that lust tickled at her insides with each look of his scarlet eyes?

He was glued into her mind, even as she roamed the Pizzaplex through the night shift. Oscar's footsteps sounded from beside her; he'd stayed incase any confrontation happened between Aspen and Vanessa.

He'd also stayed to point out just where he had frequently spotted the girl loitering about.

Aspen was grateful for his presence. He helped her get her mind off of the one thing that remained— Monty. Oscar was someone to talk to, someone to distract her. All in all, though; she loved his company and cherished it more than anything else.

But she'd much rather be making her way toward Monty's Green Room for some more of his intoxicating love.

"I saw her sneaking around the Daycare," Oscar informed Aspen, both of their flashlights aiming in the Daycare's general direction. "Likely to turn off the lights."

Light peaked out from beneath the Daycare's large doorway, though; so they knew that Vanessa hadn't been around the Daycare. Or maybe it was her ultimatum to make it seem as though she was never there?

Aspen shrugged her shoulders and responded, "why don't we just check things out in there? I just want to make sure these lights won't go off. If the doors lock, you and I should be the only ones able to get inside through the night."

Oscar nodded and told her, "lead the way."

So she did. They walked up to the Daycare easily, glancing around with the beady light of their flashlights before entering with the push of a large, heavy door.

She hadn't entered the Daycare since the missing child incident and wished that she could have kept it this way. Though with a suspicious staff member, came throwing her wishes aside for the sake of the Pizzaplex and her job.

The Daycare was completely lit up— although someone was out of place within the area.

Sundrop stood with their hands on their hips, conversing with a woman who spoke in a hushed tone; and cowered at the sound of the door opening, attempting to run away— but there was nowhere to go.

Vanessa, her eyes widened like a deer in headlights, the flashlights both shining directly onto her frame.

"Oh, friends!" Joyed the animatronic who skipped over to Oscar and Aspen happily, obviously wanting nothing more than to get away from the woman in his Daycare.

"Vanessa!" Yelled Aspen, marching up to her with a deadly glare in her eyes. "I thought I made myself clear when we spoke last. You aren't to be here after hours."

Sun announced without a singular warning, "she came to turn off my lights! I said no, no; lights stay on! But she wouldn't listen!"

Aspen hummed and tapped her foot impatiently, nodding her head in firm understanding. "Don't you know that the Daycare has nighttime protocols? The rest of the Pizzaplex doesn't even have those, yet! The lights can't be shut off. And you can't be here."

"I know," Vanessa sighed out, "I'm sorry. I just didn't have anywhere to go tonight, and I thought I'd be okay here."

Aspen's eyebrows raised, looking over to Oscar for support; who walked up alongside Aspen and asked, "what do you mean? You have a home."

Vanessa shook her head. "Not anymore."

Guilt overcome Aspen quickly as she muttered out, "why didn't you tell me when you were in my office?"

"I know better than to argue in your territory. You've always been higher up; and I had a feeling you wouldn't believe me," she told Aspen with an honest shrug.

Ouch.

Did she really view Aspen as a bad person? Aspen had no negative intentions once-so-ever. She was taken aback by Vanessa's accusation, and even Oscar tensed up at how badly she spoke Aspen's name.

"Well, look; I'm sorry, Vanessa, but the workplace isn't a home. It can be dangerous at night which is why we follow protocols and obey my direct orders or orders from our Manager. If you had've told me, there would've been more sympathy in my tone," Aspen whispered whole-heartedly— although something inside of her screamed that this wasn't right.

Vanessa nodded and said with a sickening scoff, "right. You could be more open minded, boss."

"That is your boss! Why do you speak like this?" Asked a loud animatronic voice from now beside Aspen. "And I... I don't appreciate you wanting the lights off!"

This made Vanessa tense up again. She had clearly wanted the subject to be changed off of this matter, and the animatronic bringing it up brought her blood to a boil and embarrassment to run through her veins.

Oscar smirked and questioned, "why is that, Vanessa?"

She didn't reply. She only froze, eyeing Oscar with an evil eye— before turning her attention back onto Aspen who spoke up. "Oscar, if you'd escort her outside, that would be great."

Vanessa scowled and approached Oscar easily, and without another word, the two made their way out the Daycare doors.

Aspen turned to Sun and said, "thank you. Vanessa will be stripped of night shifts; so if there's any further problems with her, you've got to let me know. Alright?"

"Yes! Of course!" Enthused the animatronic Sun, their hands waving in the air happily as their bracelet jingled. "You aren't staying, are you? We can play hide and seek!"

Aspen frowned and shook her head. This seemed impolite, and truthfully, Aspen felt wrong to say no;  but she replied, "no, I'm sorry. I've other places to be. I'll come visit you again, alright?"

And with that, she walked out of the Daycare, leaving Sun to their lonesome.

Aspen watched as Oscar took her outside, and inhumanely shoved her away. Aspen grimaced to herself but shook it off, watching as Vanessa's expression became cold and deadly. No words left her mouth as she walked off into the night.

Aspen watched from inside, fearing the nipping cold beyond the doors. Oscar came back in with a scowl and locked the doors behind him once again, calling across the room, "she didn't seem too pleased!"

Aspen didn't respond, only continued to watch Vanessa walk away from the building, returning glances as she left. This wasn't her being fired, although Aspen wished it was— and she would surely be back within the next day for another shift.

But internally, Aspen felt queasy and wrong. If Vanessa truly had no place to return to, where would she be heading?

Vanessa had made Aspen out to be a monster. Aspen's mind raced with this thought— of course she cared. She wasn't cold-blooded, she cared about many people. Did she?

"