9

A L I S S A

I hummed to myself in the shower, the butterflies from last night remaining in my stomach. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face all day. The bubbles from my shampoo and body wash cover my body as I hum happily, as if this were the best day of my life.

I took a pause after rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, remembering the moment. 

Miles kissed me.

My first kiss. I always thought that my first kiss would be with a sweet boy, a kind boy, one that would do all that stupid cheesy stuff I had always wanted, like showing up on my doorstep in the middle of the night with flowers and a stereo playing my favorite song. But that wasn't who it was with.

My first kiss was with a man that burned down a prison, that sends knives into people's hands when they even feel so much as annoyed, my first kiss was with a murderer, the same kind of man I told myself I'd always stay away from once I got out into the world. 

I got out of the shower, wrapping a white towel around my body. I walked out of my bathroom and walked towards my closet when my door swung open, making me jump.

"Christian! Haven't you heard of knocking?" I said, holding my towel tightly around me.

He smiled, "Heard of it. Just don't always do it."

I rolled my eyes and continued walking over to my closet. As I searched through my clothes he asked quietly, "Wanna sneak out with me?"

I turned around slowly, trying to see if he was being honest. And from his face, he was. I asked him, "Where?"

"Bria wants to meet me at a club, and I thought you'd wanna come. Miles is in his office right now, so if we go fast he won't notice us leaving," he smiled like a little kid planning something behind his parent's back. I waited a moment, looking at him to make sure this wasn't a trick.

"Why do we need to sneak out? Aren't I allowed to go places with you?" I asked quietly just in case Miles left his office and was able to hear us. 

He shrugged, "Usually yea, but he wouldn't like me taking you to a club. He told me taking you to clubs was not allowed, but hey. He doesn't need to know."

I thought for a second. I feel bad going behind Miles' back, but at the same time, I should be free to go where I want when I want. I had never been to a club. I had just started my journey of freedom, and I wasn't going to miss doing things I had always wanted to, just because of Miles.

I nodded with a smile, "Okay."

He told me to go to his room when I was ready, so I quickly put a dress on and blow-dried my hair. Once I was ready I left my room, creeping down the hallway and knocking on Christian's door quietly.

He opened it, now wearing a button-up shirt and his strong cologne radiating from him. He looked down the hallway to make sure Miles wasn't there before whispering, "Okay. Let's go."

We walked down the stairs silently, making sure Miles didn't hear. We opened the front door, shutting it behind us quietly. Once we were outside I let out a breath of relief, a smirk forming on Christian's face. Christian told me, "This has to be our secret, okay?"

I nodded before getting into his car. Why am I getting a rush of adrenalin just from sneaking out to a club?

We drove along the dark road, Christian playing his music loudly. He sang while looking so carefree, in a state of mind that I wanted to be in forever. Christian turned the radio down and asked me, "Are we gonna stay friends once you go back to your dad's?"