Imagine 7: Oh Amber

"Amber? Amber? Amber!?" You called out.

"Yes," she finally replied.

"Please repeat what I just said to the class?" You asked.

"Umm...Umm.." she replied, scratching the back of he head.

"Amber, can you please stop daydreaming and listen?" you said sternly and she nod. You're working as a highschool teacher. Being a teacher is tough but you like it. You love children and that's all you've been doing ever since you moved to Nashville about 5years ago with your husband and your 4year old daughter, Natalia.

You've got about 30 students in your class and you love all of them like your own. Especially one in particular. Amber Priscilla Hayes, daughter to the one and only country singer, Hunter Hayes. You're not drawn to her because you're a fan of her father, but there is something about her that is different from the others. She's very quiet, really shy and she doesn't have many friends. She likes to be alone most of the time and she carries her guitar case everywhere she goes.

The final bell ring and everyone flood out of the classroom. "Amber hold on. I need to talk to you," You stop Amber as she walked by.

"About...?" She ask.

"Amber, I've been receiving feedback from other teachers and I'm not very happy about it. They say you've been daydreaming a lot and you can't seem to focus. And your grades, well let's just say they're supporting what your are saying. I know you're going through a rough time but your finals are round the corner and you really need to focus," you explained. Amber just stood there, looking down at her feet.

"Amber, are you listening? Anyways, I really would like to have a little chat with your dad about this. Here's the letter stating the details. Can you pass it to him please?" you continue and pass the letter to Amber.

"See if he cares," She said as she left. You heard her but you just let her go as she get agitated easily nowadays.

When the day finally arrive, you've prepared all the things you need for the meeting with Amber's dad but unfortunately, he didn't show up. Amber didn't come to school either. You tried calling both of them but fail. So, You decided to go down to Hayes house after school to meet them.

It didn't take long for you to get there as the school is only less a 30min drive from where they live. You pull up at the driveway and walk up to the door. After ringing the doorbell a few times, someone finally answers. "Yes, how can I help you?"

"Hi, is this the home to Hunter and Amber Hayes?" You ask.

"Hold on, lemme get him," the guy replied, then scream for Hunter from the door.

Not long later, he appears, "Yes. I'm Hunter Hayes. Who's looking?" he asked, with a smile.

"Hi Mr Hayes. I'm (your full name), Amber's teacher. I'm really sorry for popping by unannounced. I've tried calling several times but no answer but I really need to talk to you about Amber." You explained.

"I'm really sorry I was caught up with stuff. But anyways, please, come in. We can talk inside," Hunter invites you in. It's a really big house, like those that you would see on MTV Cribs. Double stories with lots of room, a really big pool outside and a lovely backyard. He has a display case full of his awards that he received through out the years till date. He even have a home studio where he work and make his music.

He walks you to the living area, where you sat down and talk. Both of you talked for hours. He seems clueless but concern about what's been going on with Amber. "So Mr Hayes, I really hope you could help. She's very smart not to forget very talented too, so with just a little focus, she can do way better then this. I could also offer one-to-one after school lessons for her, if she like, " you continue.