Chapter 5 : Vengeance that smells of roses

TRIGGER WARNING: cursing, mentions of violence, swearing, and mental health

"This means you are inside the head of the character"

I never thought I would like the red hair.  It actually made me feel so much more confident.  I really wanted to be more like Shannon, confident, fearless, independent, ...  If I was to make the Marauders angry, I had to bring the fires of hell with me. 

I walked into Potions class feeling confident and ready to face whatever was coming my way.  I sat down next to Shan as I usually did.  I could hear the Marauders sniggering...Children...

I got to my usual seat, second row, near the supply cabinet.  Professor Slughorn arrived soon after.  Today we were going to review an old potion.  I sighed content; Shan was always good in potions we were going to ace this.  I started going through my notes, Shan was tying her hair up, we were ready.  As soon as Slughorn was done explaining we were off.  I went to retrieve the necessary ingredients as I was going out, Peter tried to knock me off balance.  This lesson was going to be horrible.

Narrator POV:

Bloom was angry.  The Marauders had been on her nerves.  They had ruined their potion; they had thrown food at them during lunch.  Their final class for the day was Charms.  It was her favorite class.  She got to the first row and was joined by Shan and Sisi.  Professor Flitwick had started his lesson on a spell that would help them if they were to duel: the Incarcerous Spell.  Bloom wasn't really listening; she was practicing her wandless capabilities.  Shan was observing her best friend lift the piece of paper while Flitwick was writing on the black board.  Bloom hated the noise the boys were making in the back of the classroom.  Her new red hair was starting to match the color of her face.  The teacher wasn't saying anything.  Shannon sighed and tried to calm her down.  Bloom could feel her emotions taking over.  Her head started to hurt.  She hissed in pain.  The lesson ended.  Saoirse walked in front of Shannon and Blathnaid.  Snow was waiting for them outside.  They smiled and Eireann was explaining her new idea for a dress.  Suddenly Bloom felt someone push her out of the way. 

-          Watch it! shouted Saoirse

-          Out of the way Farrel, snarled James

-          Piss off Potter, retorted Shannon

-          What was that Murphy?

The Marauders and Red Thorns were arguing and shouting insults in the middle of the corridor.  Bloom's head was ponding.  She wanted to scream.

"Let it out Bloom... let it out..." said the voice in her head. 

"Let me take over sweetie" encouraged the voice in a sweet sickening tone.  Bloom couldn't breathe...  her mind went blank.  She opened her eyes and turned around to see her friends taking out their wands.  She felt her body move on its own accord.  Shannon looked at her in fear so did the rest of her group of friends. 

-          Well boys I believe the party is over, her voice was colder and had dropped a few octaves

-          What the... started Sirius

-          Merlin! cursed James

Peter hid behind Remus.  Blathnaid walked over to them with her wand out.  Bloom was trying to stop the voice in her head. 

"Please! Please don't! I beg of you!"

"Oh, you beg? Let me have my fun! They deserve it!"

"We will get into trouble "

"When have you been worried about that?"

Blathnaid had stopped moving, she was holding her head between her hands, she looked as if she was being tortured. 

-          Who are you? Questioned Remus

This question snapped Bloom out of her internal quarrel.  She looked at him and smiled... but her smile was not sweet or kind... it wasn't the Farrel Remus knew.  Her eyes were darker and her red hair was gone. 

-          Who am I, she asked, Oh Honey! I'm your worst nightmare! I'm Midnight! And before you go... let me leave you a little souvenir... something to remind me by chéri!

Bloom's eyes shown bright blue and her wand let out a spell, ropes where all around Remus and Sirius holding them down... they were hurting. 

-          You really are a monster, shouted James

-          You created me, love, as much as you try and deny it, you made me! And you must suffer the consequences.  Serpensortia!

A snake came out of her wand and started to crawl towards James.  Peter was trying to help Remus and Sirius... It was utter chaos. 

Bloom POV:

If I could scream I would..., how could I let Midnight take control... she was hurting people... I was hurting people...

-          Miss Farrel! Mister Potter, Black, Lupin, Pettigrew! In my office now!

"Just great! Are you happy now?"

"you're welcome sweetie! have fun!"