004

Esmè lay in bed and sighed. She knew how scared that she was actually pregnant. And she had no idea how to deal with all that. She knew was that she was scared.

She knew that if she was pregnant how everything would change. She knew that things with her and max would change.

She knew that they weren't even together and how she had to find out the truth.

Esmè groaned as she heard a knock at the door and groaned as she stood up and answered the door.

Esmè saw Max and sighed. "What are you doing here?" Esmè asked. 

Max looked to her and sighed. "We need to talk about this Esmè. I know we don't know if you are pregnant. But if you are, it is my baby. I want to be involved. I want to be there. I know we aren't together. But I do want to raise this baby with you," he said. 

Esmè sighed. "It won't be that easy Max. It wasn't how I pictured having a baby. I am scared," she said.

Max looked to her and smiled. "I know. But life isn't how you plan it. Whatever happens, I am here for you," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

****

Esmè stood in the staffroom as she got work. She saw Grace. Grace looked to her and smiled. "Are you okay?" Grace asked.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "No not really. Things are a mess. I don't know what to do. I mean I could be having a baby. And I'm so scared," Esmè said.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I know it's hard. I do. But I am here for you. I love you as you are my best friend. And I know it's scary. You need to take a test and find out for sure. It will be okay. You are not alone in any of this. I get that it's hard. But you can do this. Take a test and find out. You might be worrying over nothing," Grace said. 

Esmè smiled. Esmè knew how Grace was right. But she also knew how scared that she was. Especially as she didn't know how to deal with it all.

Esmè knew that if she was in fact pregnant how everything would change. How she had a big decision to make. And Esmè knew that whatever she was going to do, that it was going to change everything and she hated it. Esmè knew that having a baby would change everything. 

****

Esmè stood in the staff toilets and sighed as she held a pregnancy test in her hands. She knew that in three minutes that her life would change forever.

She knew how Max said he'd be there for her. But part of her doubted him as she knew he wasn't one for commitment.

Esmè took the test and placed it on the side. She looked to it. She was scared. Esmè waited as she picked it up and looked down to see that it was...