Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning to an alarm on my phone. I check the time. 6:45. I realize that today was the start of an actual school day. I get up and change into my new clothes. After doing an average morning routine, (Get up, change, Eat, Do morning hygiene), I wait for my sister and we walk to school. "I'm so exited!" Sunday says, running ahead. "Me too, I can't wait to actually have more human interaction," I say, catching up with her. Since she is still in Elementary I walk with her to the school before heading to the place I'm going to. While walking to class I see two girls standing and talking to each other. I thought I'd say hi.

Lila's POV:

        I walk through crowds of people trying to find someone. It took almost 5 minutes before- "Lila!" I hear someone yell behind me. ~Found Her~ I walk over to where the voice came from. There were alot of people walking to where they need to be so I had trouble finding her. Before calling out her name I get yanked on the arm by someone. "There you are, Lila." "Hi Rose!" I say. Rose and I have been friends since 3rd Grade. "So, anything happen over the weekend?" She says. "Nothing much. You?" "Meh, relationship problems." Rose was forced into a relationship with someone who is always abusive to her by her dad. "Sorry to hear that," I say. "It's fine, I just wish I could choose who I date." "Yeah. But I'll be here for you whenever you need."

        Right before we were about to head to class, someone started talking to us. "Hi," She said. I take notice of what she's wearing. She looks like a spoiled brat just from her hair. "Hi," I say. Rose stands there waiting for this girl to say something mean. "I'm new here," She says. "I can see that," Rose says. "What's your names?" "I'm Lila, and she's Rose," I say. "Your names are so cute. I'm Kirsten," she says. "Um, nice." I say, trying not to sound annoyed. "Want-" "Oh hey! Look at the time. Lila and I really need to go," Rose cuts her off right before she says something else. Kirsten looks like she's about to say something else but Rose grabs my arm and pulls me away. "Who is she?" Rose says finally letting go of my arm. "I don't know," I say. "Probably just another spoiled brat," She says.

        When lunch started Rose and I tried to get a seat away from all the popular kids. When we finally found one someone called Rose's name. "Hey Rose. Where are you?" "Ugh, great," Rose says with an annoyed tone in her voice. The person who called over found us and sits down right in between us. "Hey babe, how have you been?" Says Carson. Carson is Rose's abusive boyfriend. "Fine," Rose says. "Am I aloud to sit next to Lila at least?" She says. "No, I'm your boyfriend. therefor you should only sit next to me." After that, she doesn't respond. "Why so quiet, Babe?" "I don't belong to you," she says before getting up and sitting next to me. This time she made sure there wasn't a gap in between us.

        "Babe what the fuck is this about?" Rose is about to respond but the next thing I know I get pushed onto the ground. "Ow!" I say out loud. I realize what just happened. Carson pushed me off the bench I was sitting at so he could sit next her. I get up to see my lunch on the ground now, too. "Lila are you-" "Not now Babe. You should only talk to me," Carson cuts Rose off. I pick up my now inedible lunch and go to throw it away. I want to go back over to see if rose is ok but I get a tap on the shoulder. "Hi, It's me again." ~Great~ 

        I turn around to see Kirsten standing there. "Hi, Kirsten," I say trying to sound nice. "Is there something you need?" "Well, I was wondering." She looks nervous. "Go on." I say trying to get back to my friend. "Do you want to be friends?" I freeze up at the question. I'm about to answer when Emily and her squad comes walking our way.

        "Oh hey, look at what we got here," says Emily. She walks over to Kirsten and looks at her outfit. "Omg, Lets be best friends!" "Um, no thanks I-" I back up slowly knowing what's gonna happen next. I get caught off guard when one of Emily's minions trips me. "Oh look who it is," Emily says after seeing me fall. "Look new girl, You don't wanna be hanging out with a Bitch like Lila." I get up and try to walk away but what Kirsten says next stops me. "Oh yeah, well she's better than you," Kirsten says. I turn around and see how mad Emily is to be turned down. "Ugh, whatever. We don't need you anyway," Emily says before storming off, her minions following her. "Are you ok?" Kirsten asks me. "Yeah I'm fine." I say. "Why did you stand up for me?" I ask. "I know what it's like to get pushed down from other." There was a small pause before she keeps talking. "Anyway, do you wanna be friends?" I think for a moment. "Ok." I say. "Great! I officially made my first friend ever!" 

        I almost freeze up again when she says that. "Wait, what?" "Oh yeah. Nobody wanted to be my friend and in first grade I was forced to be homeschooled. Now I'm here." I Immediately give her a hug and almost knock her over. "Whoa there, is everything ok?" "No, you have never had a friend before. You must be so lonely." "Well, I have my sister." she says. "But you need more friends," I say finally letting her go. "I'll see if Rose wants to be your friend later." "Where is Rose anyway?" She asks. "Oh It's best if you don't interact with her right now." I say. "Why not?" "Well, she's going through some relationship problems right now. Although you are very kind she usually only lets me around her whenever she's with her boyfriend." "Oh, ok." Kirsten says. Anyway. It's almost time for lunch to be over and I wanna check up on Rose one more time. How about I get Rose to meet up at the park. How does that sound?" I ask. "Well, I will need to get my sister first but since the park is on our way home then I should be able to." She says. "Great! I'll see you then!" I say. "Yeah, you too," she says.

        I walk over to where Rose and her boyfriend are sitting and see them arguing. "BUT YOUR DAD SAID YOU HAVE TO BE WITH ME." Carson says. "BUT I DON'T WANT TO DATE SOMEONE WHO NEVER LETS ME HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS." Rose says. Before they can yell anything else I shove Carson off the bench, sit down, and hug Rose. She hugs me back, and starts crying. I feel Carson trying to pull me away but I'm having none of it. I turn around and try to shove him away when something else happens.

Author's Note:

Ooh, Cliff Hanger. Including the whole Author's Not and Chapter, there are 1283 words. Anyway, this was a rather long chapter I suppose. If you see any errors please let me know. Also I don't know how college works. I hope you Enjoyed Chapter 3 Though. Have a good day!!