4

[no one's Pov]

Himura, Hyakkimaru, and Dororo stared at the place where their good friends are buried now. Himura stared at the burnt house before she frowned. She started to hum but it hurt her throat, she coughed a bit. Hyakkimaru and Dororo looked at her "You want to sing her song while we walk?" Dororo asked, Himura nodded before looking at Hyakkimaru to see if it was okay. He looked at her and nodded before they started walking down the path, Himura took a deep breath in and started singing quietly. Her voice may be raspy but they didn't care, they were patient with her slow raspy singing...
.

.

.

.

[Dororo's Pov]

We were walking, it was an awkward silence. I thought of something before looking at Himura and Hyakkimaru with a half smile "Hey, are you two hungry?" I asked them, they slightly shook their head no as they stayed quiet. I noticed Hyakkimaru was holding something close to his chest. I frowned a bit 'Guess they have other things to worry about' I thought to myself. I looked at the ground before sighing quietly and looked up at them again "Say, you two have never laughed before, have you?" I asked, getting their attention as I walked in front of them. I put my hands up and tickled them for a good minute, but no reaction as they just stood there. Himura and Hyakkimaru looked at each other before looking back at me. I frowned "Fine, be that way for your whole life for all I care," I said, walking ahead. But as I did, I heard two adults giggling and saying lovey-dovey stuff. I tried my best to ignore it but I couldn't as I lost it. "Get a room!" I yelled before I threw multiple rocks in multiple directions "Get eaten by a bear! Take this, and this!" I yelled, fuming. Suddenly a stick fell on my head "Ow" I groaned before looking up, and I noticed a box was falling too "What?!" I shrieked before falling back to dodge the box. I blinked before my eyes widened, I saw a giant spider monster.

I guess Hyakkimaru and Himura noticed it because they went towards it after they took their arms off and ran up the tree. Hyakkimaru freed the man and he fell in front of me "Are you okay?" I asked him, he was laughing. Is he out of his mind? Hyakkimaru jumped at the Spider monster and slashed its legs, they both fell to the ground. Himura jumped as Hyakkimaru ran at the Spider monster but webs suddenly surrounded Hyakkimaru and tied him to a tree. Himura cut the web from Hyakkimaru and ran at the Spider monster but was caught in the web too, it only caught her arms. That didn't stop Himura though. She ran at the Spider monster and before we all knew it, Himura used all her strength and head-butted the spider monster, Himura backed off as the Spider monster yelled in pain and quickly ran off. I ran over to her and got the webbing off Himura, she stumbled a bit as she held her head before shaking it a bit to get her senses back. I ran after the spider and stopped at a cliff "Come on out!" I yelled, huffing quietly before crossing my arms "It got away" I quietly huffed, I heard Hyakkimaru and Himura walking towards me before I noticed a village "Hey look, there's a village" I said before we walked down to the village, maybe they know something. 
.

.

.
I was looking at a traveler's pass that was made out of wood as the guard told us about a kidnapper before I looked at Hyakkimaru and Himura. We walked towards some steps and sat down "Hey Aniki, Ane. I bet it's that Spider monster kidnapping the villagers." I say as I look at them "Seems like a big problem for them, we could this village out. I bet there'd be a good reward, too" I stated before looking forward.
.

.

.
We were walking in the village for a long time, I was looking for food. "No rice paddies, no fields" I started to say before looking back at Hyakkimaru and Himura "We might not find any food in this village" I stated before we walked up to a group, they were looking at something. "What's going on?" I muttered as we approached them. I looked up at the sign before looking up at a man "Hey, what's that sign say?" I asked. "It says there's a reward for finding the kidnapper. Not that it's helping any in finding the kidnapper" he said. I looked back at the two with a smile 'See, told ya so' I thought to myself. I chuckled "That reward is ours then!" I said, the man looked at me "What, you might know who it might be?" He asked, I looked up at him "After the reward too? I'd stay out of it if I were you. We're dealing with a monster here." I spoke, a bit cocky. "A monster?" He asked, he sounded slightly scared. I laughed slightly as I turned to Himura and Hyakkimaru, and the man looked at them. Hyakkimaru and Himura looked like they didn't care about our conversation but I know they do.
.

.

.
I sighed as we stopped walking "Ugh, I'm pooped" I said as I looked at the two "We were walking all night for nothing" I said, frowning as I looked at the Village "Where is that spider monster hiding?" I asked myself before sighing again "My brain isn't working anymore. Let's sleep while it's still cool" I said before we all laid down on the stairs and slowly fell asleep.
.

.

.
We saw another sign, I looked at a man and asked him what did that sign say. "Another man disappeared last night, so the reward went up," he said. I blinked 'Last night? But there weren't any signs of monsters' I thought to myself before looking down 'Maybe I was wrong, maybe it's not a monster..'