Friend. (One Direction/Niall Horan)

Avalon pov

Riding down the dark alley i came to a sudden halt at a blank spot on the nearly full wall. I kicked my skateboard up and grabbed it in my hand so i could walk closer and examine the wall making sure i wasn't covering anyone else's work, seeing that it was in fact blank and the perfect size, i dropped my skateboard and shrugged my leather back pack off and into my hands, picking the black and red spray paint cans out of my assortment i got to work on putting up my latest stencil.

An hour later i packed up my things, threw my back pack on to my back again and jumped on my skateboard. Riding down to main street and grabbing on the back of a truck i made my way back into Kingsten Park, London, switching cars every so often till i got close enough to ride by myself up the winding street to the last house on the street and turning up the path to my house.

I jumped off the board half way down the path and ran around the house to the back yard, finding my window i jumped through it quietly. Leaving my skateboard leaning against the outside wall. I quickly hid my backpack in the closet and changed out of my black high wasted shorts and white paint stained obey t shirt and slipped on a clean pressed white dress, next i pulled my black snap back off my thick long main of un-brushed, tangled brown hair, glancing at my clock i moved even faster as i yanked the wooden brush through my hair pulling it up into a tight ponytail on top of my head. Then i rushed to the bathroom and scrubbed the makeup off my face, running back into my room i could hear my mothers heals clicking against the wood of the hallway coming towards my room, i ran full speed to my desk pulling open my sketch book and stuffing my head into it. Minutes later there was a knock on my door and my mother walked in.

'Right on cue' i thought to myself as i glanced at the clock on my desk that read 6:00 then glanced up to my mother, her clean blue dress is one you might seen on the Duchess of Cambridge herself. Her hair up in a tight bun, she looked almost like a ballet teacher, but prissier.

She stopped half way into the room and turned to me, glancing over my shoulder her composed emotionless smile faltered to a scowl for a second as she saw my sketch book open instead of whatever i was supposed to be working on.

''Avalon Rosalinda Ross, why must you keep shaming me and your father by trying to be an artist. Your not an artist so give it up.'' She said sternly, grabbing the sketch book and closing it with out even looking at it. "Suppers ready." She finished before walking out the door and taking the book with her.

As quickly as i could i jumped out of my seat and ran after her almost knocking her over when she turned around to tell me not to run and that it wasn't lady like.

Then she turned her stiff back to me once again and kept walking down the hall as i put my head down and followed slowly.

As we walked into the dinning hall my mother went to the nearby trashcan in the kitchen and opened it with her foot dropping my sketch book into the bin and brushing off her hands like she had just touched something agonizing-ly disgusting. And came to sit down across the table from my father.

''Was that another drawing book? Avalon you know how we feel about your little drawings. Art is no career. Not that you'll have one anyway." My father scolded me.

"Precisely. Like I have always said your not smart enough to get a real job, or go to collage. But Avalon sweet heart your pretty, and your composed. All you need to do is marry rich and you'll be fine.'' Mother added in her condescending tone that she uses whenever she talks about my future.

After that i wolfed down my dinner ignoring the comments my parents made, then promptly excused myself and went back to my room getting changed into sweat pants knowing my parents wouldn't check on me again. I sat down at my desk for the second time that night and thought about the conversation i had with my best friend Beth today.