Chapter 2

Bette had called Dana, who had agreed to hear what Alice had to say. That night, Alice came knocking on Dana's door, her hands shaking and her heart pounding.

Dᴀɴᴀ's ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏf ᴠɪᴇᴡ

I heard the knocking, I knew who would be at the door. I went to the door and opened it for Alice, she looked so bad. I asked her to come in so we could talk. She sat down on the couch and looked around but didn't look at me.

-Bette said you needed to talk to me? Well, I'm listening.

Alice looked into my eyes, her eyes broken, her hands trembling.

A- I need answers to my questions, Dana.

I saw her take a breath as if it was weighing on her, that she sincerely needed it, I looked into her eyes and did not want to take her in my arms waiting for what she had to tell me.

ᴀʟɪᴄᴇ's ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏf ᴠɪᴇᴡ

I was stressed, much more stressed than I thought I would be, but I needed this talk, for myself and for her. I took a breath and started to say what I needed to say to her.

-Dana, I want you to know that you are the woman I have loved the most. Our unforgettable moments together, as a couple or even as friends I will never forget, not only because I can't forget them but also because I don't want to, all this time I've been holding back from saying everything I have to say to you because I feel like if I let go it will make things worse. But the truth is I can't live with it anymore, my head won't stop taking your name out of my mouth and my heart won't stop loving you. I know that saying all this won't change the decision you made, and I understood it. I understood that I was happy that you were happy, I understood that you loved me and that love cannot be controlled, and I know that. But I needed you to know how much I believed in us and how much it destroyed me. I gave you everything, everything I could do for you, for us I did, I loved seeing us happy, seeing you happy, the way you made me happy. I don't want to make you feel guilty, and even less to make you feel bad, but to make you understand what I feel, I let you see Lara because I thought you needed it, because I wanted to show you that it didn't make me jealous. But it was just the opposite, and I feel like I was right to be afraid, you chose her over me, and as much as I love you I could never forgive you for doing that.

I saw Dana's face change as she heard everything I said, as if she was moved, and she hugged me, I was even more sad to feel her body against mine, the one she was now holding against someone else. Then she pulled away from me and looked at me, wiping a tear from my cheek.

D- Alice I have loved you, harder than you can imagine. I was sad and devastated to feel what I felt for her the moment I realized I had moved on. You have nothing to reproach yourself for, you were loving, listening, and above all sensational. Thank you for trying to understand me and be who you are, please don't change because of me, I hate to see you hurt because of me, because I'm the one at fault in all of this and it's not up to you to suffer for the decisions I make, move on Alice I know how amazing you are, I know you could make a woman happy and she'll give you back what you deserve.

I look into Dana's eyes, her words touched me, she was right, but I loved her in spite of everything, in spite of everything she put me through she was Dana, Dana and always Dana. But I understood, I had my answers, and that was what I wanted. So I decided to hug her as a sign of goodbye, with no hatred or resentment, just as a woman sad to lose the one she had loved, and continued to love, but after talking with her I knew that now I could move on and get better.

———————
I hope you enjoyed this chapter☺️