Prologue

Before earth was born, the creator of the universe crafted something else.  It was the first human prototype.  As with any prototype, there was improvement since, and so the prototype never would be what one could consider 'human'.

When the creator granted the being powers similar to that of their own, the prototype could easily overpower the creator.  That was easily fixable, except the creator had granted immortality to the prototype. 

After a long long time, the prototype was sealed into a bottle.  That bottle later became a decoration in the second realm.  The first realm was earth and the universe.  The second realm was the location of all the other failed prototypes.

The creator lurked in the third realm, and had the ability to cross these realms whenever they wished.

One day, a deal was made between the creator and the prototype.  In order to further improve humans, the creator granted the prototype the power to travel between the realms.

With that ability, they were to take notes on the  human race and gather information on their minds.  What was happiness, what was sadness, what was fear.  All of those questions for all those things that everyone wishes to know, they would be studied and the creator could work on improving their humans.

So the prototype was born into this universe with one goal: to understand feelings.