Chapter 4: Infinite Possibilities

"Y/n," Maho said.

"Have you heard of the theory that space time will rip?"

You shook your head. Maho hummed for a moment. "Humans know that the universe is still expanding. Space is indeed a fabric. Once it is torn, do you know what will happen?"

You shook your head again. "Everything tears. That involves atoms, and their bonds are the strongest in the universe. Everything is infinite, and waves just crash into each other repeatedly."

"If you gave a monkey a typewriter, and infinite opportunities, the monkey will eventually write all your favourite pieces of literature. Similarly, if you painted a ball infinite times, and rolled it randomly on a piece of paper, infinite times, you can recreate all the pieces of art you've ever seen."

"Where am I going with this?"

"All the waves can join together and make a table. It doesn't have to be a table. It can be a statue of y/n made of all of y/n's favourite things. It can even make a human brain."

"With infinite opportunities, the brain will have a hallucination. It'll be over in an instant, but like dreams, time is stretched out, since time is technically not even real."

"That hallucination, my dear y/n, is everything you know to be true. It's all your life, it's all your friends, it's all that you love and hate."

"What am I saying? It's simple really. What better way to understand the human mind than to conduct such an experiment? You live through infinite experiences, and then you take the important parts. Afterwards, you can finally start your magnum opus. You can make the perfect society of humans."

"All I have to do is record the data. It's terribly dull, eternity, just gathering information until you know who is happy. That's why, it'll be so much better, the two of us."

"You'll never live that long? What are you talking about y/n. You did it yourself, you bound yourself to me. I'm your Creator, and you wanted to be with me forever, so here we are. Don't deny it, you took my hand and promised me forever."

"It's alright, you'll be with me in the next hallucination, and you won't get hurt. Even if you do, you won't have pain forever, trust me, time passes quickly for us. Come now, it's time for the next test."

"The other creator? No, it's just me. No, I didn't lie, I was gathering information for the creator wasn't I? I still am. When it's over, we can both live in the perfect world, I promise you. I sealed myself in a bottle? Don't be ridiculous, you know I don't make mistakes. There used to be my Creator, not any more, I killed that one. Overpower me? My dear, we've been through this."

"I never make a mistake, everything is my plan. That creator never understood true perfection. I will do what is meant to be done. Just sit back and relax, now come on, just because we have all of eternity doesn't mean that we should dawdle."

And with that, she led you further through the space, to another Maho, sitting at the desk.  She clapped her hands once, and the Maho next to you turned to smoke, and disappeared.

"Y/n, I enjoyed your company in project e78, you've had it all explained to you, so, let's get started with the next universe."