It Seems They Can Dance

Quote of the chapter :

╔═══━━━─── ⟡ ───━━━═══╗

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

╚═══━━━─── ⟡ ───━━━═══╝

Warning this chapter can be skipped if you want to skip it.

Recap on Last Chapter :

"This feels very different." I move around as the robot for a bit until the voice in my head speaks up.

"Alright, now since we are connected, we need to fight that klaxosaur. In other words GO!!"

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

Third Person POV :

The robot stood at the ready, both pilots readjusting to their new partnership. Out of nowhere a tail swung in their direction. It hit the Franxx like a baseball bat to a baseball.

"Ichi, prepare to get revenge!" Zero Four steadied his grip on the controls.

Without a moment of hesitation, the robot engaged in a sword fight with the klaxosaur.

Shing, Clink, Ching

The sounds coming from the tail versus lance of the two did not sound normal nor ear pleasing in the slightest.

The Franxx backed away. It gained power before advancing with the lance. Aimed at the core of the klaxosaur, with Zero Four's help, the robot strived to defeat the klaxosaur.

The weapon pierced the monster, making it roar in protest and anger.

"Zero Four, we snapped the lance in half"

"Just grab it, it just needs a bit of glue then its fine."

Now armed with the two half lances, both the Franxx and the klaxosaur charged forwards. A cloud of dust spawned when they collided.

.

.

.

Time slowed down in the perspective of the cloud.

.

.

.

"Zero Four, I cant feel my leg...."

"That's to be expected when damaging the Franxx."

"What should we do about the klaxosaur?"

"Destroy the core? Have you forgot the basics of defeating klaxosaurs already?"

"Uhh no?"

"We need to just get done with this."

Zero Four straightened his controls.

"Let's go!"

The Franxx jumped up out of the sleeping cloud before piercing the core of the klaxosaur.

As the fog cleared, the Franxx stood proudly with its kill. It held the destroyed klaxosaur in the air with one end of the lance.

"Okay! That was thrilling!" Ichi's eyes sparkled through the Franxx.

"Darling, I guess this makes us official."

"What-"

The Franxx powered down. Zero two dragged Ichi from his spot in the robot. The two of them kissed, Zero Four pulling in Ichi with Ichi following suit.