Chapter 3 Leaving High School and going to a Brand New School

the years had passed so fast that high school had seemed like a dream. Dahlia and i had dated all through high school and i had missed her so much while she was away for the summer. i had got a job working for Pat at his and his great grandfather's eating place called Garrett's. that day when i had got home from work my great grandfather handed me a letter from the university of New Mexico my heart was racing as i opened the letter.  i open the letter and read these words dear Mr. Bonney you have been accepted into the university of New Mexico classes start this fall. the next day was my first day of school at the university. i saw all my friends from high school. Dahlia and i picked up where we had left off at summer break. i saw Chavez i walked up to him and said hello to him but he acted like i wasn't even there and just walked away. Buck and Naomi came up to me and hugged me. Buck said, " Billy don't pay any mind to Chavez he has been acting that way ever since he had got a job working as one of sheriff Garrett's deputies you are still my best friend even though Chavez doesn't want you as a friend anymore." our first class was American history i had hoped that i could learn more about Paul Revere i had played him in high school. but to my surprise our American history professor was a man who was a legend just like my great grandfather is. his name is Wild Bill Hickok he wanted us to learn about the old west and assigned us the people that he wanted us to learn about. i was assigned my great grandfather the legendary Billy the Kid. after class i went to work at my job at Garrett's place Pat's great grandfather knew that i wasn't feeling well. he knew that i had a heart condition just my great grandfather did. he didn't let me drive home he drove me home Pat followed him in my car. he asked my great grandparents to have me to stay home and rest a few days he would get my schoolwork for me and i would get paid. so i didn't need to worry about anything. Dahlia came over to help my great grandparents take care of me that is when Dahlia and i became engaged to be married.

i will write more later