•SIX•

"It's not what it looks like-" I stammered uncomfortably.

"I see, " The redhead said, balking from the doorway, "Sorry to interrupt you... have fun, guys."

"OI! COME BACK THIS INSTANT!" I failed my hands angrily in the air– First impressions made up 90% of the total image of a person, and lying on someone's brother when both of us were in an indecent stance was a sign of a definite screw-up.

Averting my eyes, I shifted away from Lucifer, who looked not only livid but also a teeny bit embarrassed (The closest thing I saw on him that resembled a real emotion)– The fact that another being's body was this close to mine was totally neglected– Including the part that the being was kind of sizzling. Subtly wiping the tears straining my eyes, I marched up to the doorway and dragged the redhead in with the last ounce of my energy.

Sometimes, you don't think much before acting– Like, for example, when you scratch the inside of your nose. A few seconds later, you regret your action seeing that it wasn't a wise choice while eating dinner and that your entire family was staring at you in discomfiting silence. At times, when you raise a dagger to a person's neck, there's little you can do other than go ahead with the plan to save your pride.

Impossibly, I felt somewhat... refreshed after I'd taken ahold of the dagger– Yes, I had been thoroughly exhausted, but after a go with the emerald blade, I could've easily given another death threat. Just one more, but it sure was weird that a non-living object was in a better state of power than me.

"Where's Messiah-" I menaced. Hopefully, he wasn't invulnerable like his sibling.

"Or?" The redhead mumbled, "I'm sure you won't slice my nose off with that."

Lucifer coughed loudly.

I flung the dagger; It cartwheeled through the air and landed with a thud on the sharp-side-on the wooden door in the most you've-got-to-be-kidding-me way, "One noteworthy death threat." I shrieked, "That is all I want!"

"You can't kill a demon in his realm." Lucifer pointed out as if I'd wished for something absolutely unbelievable. "Not only is that a violation of basic etiquette, but also impossible unless you have the exact vulnerabilities of the demon."

"Demon. May I know what your vulnerabilities are? Just curious." The initial adrenaline from the dagger had faded, and vertigo was next on the list– My muscles had probably torn themselves in the process, too.

"How rude of you," The newcomer grumbled, "To assume that we're demons." He pouted, and it was terrifying how close he was to getting his way with those puppy eyes of his.

"So, you're not demons?"

"Of course we are." I wanted to strangle him, but no, I'd lost that luxury. You go Ever heard of unkillable demons? Yeah, me neither.

[Incase it's not clear enough, the following is the past, like, thirty minutes ago]

When Lucifer had said, "Sorry, my parents are dead." the final strand snapped inside me, and all that bewilderment, fatigue, and outrage unfurled itself and rained a headache down my body. I'd lost custody of myself– Again.

I'd grabbed the ornamental vase and smashed it to the ground.

"Stop acting like you don't care!" I'd shouted, groaning and clutched my stomach– What was that constricted feeling in there?

Cramps?!

Lucifer had the decency to look mortified– However, I'm still not sure if the reason was that he repented his actions or because I was wailing like a baboon. Stifly putting down his magazine, he got to his feet, "You'd never guess what humans term as 'pleasure'- "