Baudelaire's: Part II

"Right this way, gentlemen," said Cattleya seating them at a table, "In truth, we have little in way of food, and for this we apologize, but we have a wide range of wines and spirits

"Right this way, gentlemen," said Cattleya seating them at a table, "In truth, we have little in way of food, and for this we apologize, but we have a wide range of wines and spirits."
"Bourbon, for me," answered O'Shey, grinning wolfishly, "And I'd be more than happy to have a bit of you." He then reached to stroke her right buttock, but Cattleya side stepped to the left, just missing his touch.
"I apologize, Captain. We only serve drinks here and perform burlesque." she replied in a calm, and pleasant voice.
Claudia was quite certain she had to give that answer constantly everyday, and threw Captain O'Shey a stern look.
"Ah," O'Shey replied, his eyes looking everywhere on her, but her face. "An easy misconception from the look of ya."
"James. . ." Claudia said. O'Shey looked over at his commanding officer.
"Yes?"
"Shut the fuck up." Claudia replied, glaring until Captain James O'Shey shrugged and looked away.
"And for you Lt. Colonel?" Cattleya asked, her tone remaining pleasant, professional, but her eyes soft, and grateful.
"A pint of beer for me, thank you."
She made a bow and left them. A younger bar maid returned with their drinks.
"Always the refined gentleman, aren't ya, Lt. Colonel?" O'Shey commented, throwing back the bourbon, "Just making an observation."
"Damned right. War takes all else."
Cattleya was not only the proprietor and host, she also played the role of master of ceremonies. Claudia watched as she stepped onto a small stage platform, the light shining off her bejeweled necklace, wrist bangles and golden hoop earrings. Such as lovely sight to behold, thought Claudia, rather dreamily.
"A great honor it is to have you all here at Baudelaire's!" Cattleya shouted over the modest sized crowd of soldiers who whooped and hollered in response. "Just sit back, have another drink and enjoy the show!"
The house lights dimmed as the stage lights brightened. The small stage curtain opened to a girl (hopefully of age) wearing an exotic costume of veils. The music from the wax cylinder gramophone played a seductive dance and the girl moved with fluid grace, removing one veil at a time.
It was easy to get lost in the fantasy and it was exactly what Claudia needed to relax. Sometimes, his gaze would leave the girl on stage and he'd be in search of Cattleya. For the most part, she kept herself busy, serving drinks to help the other three bar maids.
Claudia felt drawn to her, and it was somehow more than just physical attraction. It was that added attraction of respect, of surviving in such a war torn territory and still providing a sense of civilized decency even with a burlesque show.
The dance of the veils ended and the meagerly clad girl bowed to much applause and then disappeared behind the curtain to the sound of coins tossed into a 'jar of appreciation'.
The next dance featured another girl with seemingly nothing but two wide feathered fans, strutting out on stage in knee high leather stiletto heeled boots and the crowd went wild. Claudia caught Cattleya watching the performer from the bar, arms crossed beneath her ample bosom, her right hand at her mouth. She's nervous for this girl. Why? Claudia thought.
Claudia then turned his attention to the girl. Beneath a fake pearl beaded headdress, she had a delicate brow over large light blue eyes, surrounded by dark lashes that may have been embellished or even fake. Beneath the eyes was a slender nose, that also may have been contoured with stage makeup to pronounce its thinness and the sweetest of pointed chins.
The girl on stage was not gorgeous by definition but possessed a cuteness that somehow did not fit the female aesthetic. But Claudia could not quite put his finger on why. . . And then it was over, and coins went pouring into the tipping jar. Claudia noticed that Cattleya now had her right hand at her throat and was smiling with what seemed like relief.
"Now, are we for CERTAIN these little birds can't be somehow convinced to take in a romp for the right price?" O'Shey asked, "Because that last one. . . Phew!! I'd be up in that no matter if she took my last gil piece."
Claudia ignored the lewd comments and worked at getting the attention of the barmaid for another pint, to Captain O'Shey's three bourbons. When he turned back to the intoxicated Captain, he was up walking (stumbling) toward the stage and then behind it.
"Oooohhh shit!" Claudia grumbled, quickly trying to catch up to the drunk O'Shey.
When he finally reached him, they had stumbled into the dressing room where a couple of girls were getting ready to go on and the feather fan girl was getting undressed, or more like feather fan boy was getting undressed.
Captain O'Shey stopped short, staring at the boy who now stood defiantly, still in his stiletto boots and not much else at all, hands clenched in fists, delicate mouth frowning, brows knitted.
"GET THE ALL THAT IS HOLY FUCK OUT OF MY DRESSING ROOM!!" he shouted, and it was like a roar from a young lion.
The captain reeled backward into Claudia. "But you're a . . .not a . . ." he gasped.
"Yeah! No fucking shit! Now get out!!" the boy shouted again, making ready to pounce, punch or kick, or perhaps all three.
Claudia took hold of the captain, dragging him out of the dressing room, when Cattleya walked in.
"Lt. Colonel! Captain! What is the meaning of this?"
      "So sorry, Ms. Baudelaire." Claudia begged, finally getting O'Shey wrangled. "Just leaving."
       Claudia flung Captain O'Shey back out to the front.  The drunk Captain regained his footing and took a swing, which caught Claudia's jaw and the attention of another couple of soldiers.  With the extra help, Captain  O'Shey was escorted out of the tavern and given orders to return him to the camp.
      Cattleya rushed to Claudia. "Are you alright, Lt. Colonel?"  She inspected the left side of his jaw. "Benedict!! When you get dressed, please run and get cold water in a handkerchief, please."
      The boy, no longer in his burlesque attire, but in a lime green collared button down shirt, rather snug black britches tucked into the same stiletto heeled boots he wore on stage.  His revealed hair now showed that he had short spiked blonde hair.  He made a very pretty boy, just as he had made a very cute girl.
The boy Benedict eyed Claudia. "Wouldn't be surprised if that jaw was broken," he commented, nonchalant. "Could be worse. . ." he sauntered off in no hurry to do Cattleya's bidding. "Could be dead."
Claudia had never seen a boy in stiletto heeled boots walk (strut) with such male confidence.