KABANATA 25

KABANATA 25: TALK....

“I already met your ex. Your ex is intimidating huh? The way she looks at me. It is some kind of jealousy you know?” Rachel said as i removed my earphones.

I put my feet on my desk and hold the glass of whiskey. I watched her sit in one of the chairs. Hinila niya 'yon palapit sa akin bago umupo.

“You're crazy. Why did you broked up with her? Are you——” Binagsak ko ang baso na nagpatikom sa kanyang bibig.

I glared at her and she avoided my contacts. I sighed before taking a sipped at my whiskey.

“She broked up with. It's all my fault after all this time. I let myself to be controlled by my mind. Hindi ko pinakinggan ang nasa puso ko. I tend to be strict and controlling when it comes to her but i did not know we could end up like this. Hindi naman ako ganito eh.”

She pitifully looked at me like i was someone pitiful. Nagsalubong ang aking kilay at tsaka uminom ulit. “Why?”

She shooked.

“You are right. Its your fault. She also blames you for it.” she sighed heavily and her shoulder fell.

Isinandal niya ang kanyang likod sa backrest ng upuan and i lean closer to the table and put my feet down.

“Did she say anything?” I asked curiously. Ngumisi naman siya ng nakakaluko. I thought she will say 'yes' but she shooked her head and pouted.

“She only told me that if ever, i can asked you to approved her appeal for the reconsideration of her rescheduling our business proposal because of conflict in time because of her hectic schedules that seems to be unexpected.”

I nodded and smile bitterly deep inside of me. What would i expect? I missed you? How is he? Can we met?

Why would i expect such things? If it is clearly not going to happen ever again. Not once siguro sa panaginip ko. But not here in reality. I closed my eyes and take a long deep breath before processing my mind again.

“Alright, Fine. But i need something like emails? Or contract. Wala ba siyang binigay?” I asked her. She shooked her head disappointingly.

“Wala eh. But looked on your email. Baka meron diyan”  she suggested. Rachel is my late fiancé sister. We were close since the first day me and Beau engaged.

We first met the time of me and beau's engagement party. She's there for me and right now she knows about Marica.

Marica is supposed to be my fiancé. I was about to asked her out for dinner with my parents but something happens. I've been suffering from my disorder and i chose to stopped the therapy not knowing it will be like this again.

It happened again.

So we broked up. She ended our relationship. I understand how she feels. I tried to hold onto myself for one last time but i can't. My mind was overwhelmed by so much anger and jealousy that i end up lying to her.

I love her with all my heart and i trust her more than anyone else. But i lied.

I checked my email and i saw an email. She wrote her email in a casual way possible. Not so formal. She really gave a letter herself.

MaricaYnidValencia@MYVinq.con

Good Day! This is Marica Valencia, CEO of VGC. I heard about the business proposal that will be happening in the 14th day of August.  A sudden business trip of one of VGC's biggest investors will be a having a sudden party just for a day or two. The business proposal of JHRH will be having a reschedule. I know our company will be the one who will benefit that proposal but we will be having a lost also if we can't make an appearance to the party. This letter is not supposed to be very formal. I hate writing that way i can't explain everything with that so i hope you understand.