Chapter 23 - The wedding

I was beyond nervous as Logan drove us later that day to Nate's parents' cabin for the wedding. Nate left soon after we had fallen asleep so he could help set up, and the rest of us rested a little while longer.

After I woke up from my nap, I spent over an hour getting ready, which was quite a long time considering I only had the one dress that Lacey had lent me. She also left me with shoes, her whole makeup kit, and a straightening iron. I tried to protest her leaving them with me, but she insisted. 

I put on the dress and my mouth popped open when I looked at myself in the mirror. Lacey had brought me a beautiful burgundy dress that was perfect for a fall wedding. The dress had a straight neckline with two-inch wide shoulder straps that tied into cute bows on my shoulders. The dress was well-fitted around my chest and ribs and had another knot to tie around my waist. The dress flowed out from my waist down to just above my mid-calf and had a slit that exposed my left leg up until mid-thigh. 

I straightened my hair again since it was still pretty straight from last night, and applied some mascara, eye shadow, blush, and lipstick, trying to remember how Lacey had done it. I looked in the mirror and was happy with the outcome, but still felt extremely nervous. I had never been to a wedding before so had no clue what to expect. 

The only issue was that Lacey left me with two pairs of shoes. They were the same pair of strappy, open-toe heels. One was black, one was white.

I'm not sure which one would be best with the dress, the white or the black pair, Lacey had told me.

What? Lacey! If you don't know, how am I supposed to know?

She just giggled. You'll just know once you have the dress on.

Now I had the dress on and my makeup done, but I couldn't decide. Nothing was coming to me.

"Guys," I called out as I walked down the hallway to where Connor and Logan were in the living room. They had on their suit pants and white dress shirts but had their suit coats off still.

I was wearing the black heel on my left foot, the white one on my right foot. "I need your help, badly."

When they looked up, their eyes widened and Connor's mouth popped open.

"What?" I asked self-consciously. I looked down and smoothed the dress down.

Logan cleared his throat. "No, it's just, well, I don't know how else to put it. You look beautiful."

I blushed at his words. 

"I second what he just said," Connor said.

I smiled, "Thanks, guys. You both look beautiful yourselves," I said.

"I was going for hot," Logan said. "Hoping to pick someone up."

I gave him a pointed look. Of course he was. "Okay, which one?" I picked up my right foot to hide it. "The black pair, or," I said as I switched feet and hid my left foot to show them the white heels, "the white pair."

They both gave me their full attention and concentration as I switched feet a couple more times to show them both options.

"Okay, on the count of three, you both say your choices. I want your honest opinions."

"'Kay, ready," Logan said.

"Geeze, this is stressful," Connor commented.

"One, two... three," I said.

"Black," they both said in unison. 

My face lit up. "Perfect, thank you!"

~