01

Axl Rose. December 4th, 1988
Los Angeles, California

The city of angels, what a funny name. Heaven was just about to earn another angel, my dear mother. She has been in the hospital for almost four weeks, suffering from pancreatic cancer. I don't want to lose her, especially not like that. She hasn't been able to take care of my sister, Danielle, who is only three. She told me she wanted me to take care of her, but with me being on tour, that would be real hard.

I walked into the hospital, wanting to visit my mother and ask her some things about Danielle, but I was stopped at the door. The doctor placed a hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around and look him in the eyes. His icey blue eyes were filled with worry, which made me more on edge.

"Will-" He tried to speak before I cut him off.

"Axl." I reminded, my voice was strong showing how annoyed I was.

I haven't heard anyone call me thay name in a while considering I hated it with all my guts. The name was my so called fathers, which he wasn't even a father figure to me. He used to beat me and my sisters, which cause me to change my name to W. Axl Rose.

The doctor nodded and dropped his head, making me bite my lip in anticipation. I could tell he was itching to tell me something, something I needed to know. He placed his hand back by his side, releasing my shoulder. He sighed and looked back up at me, his blue eyes glossing and his face red.

"Your mother.." He started, perspiration forming on his body, he seemed edgy. "She passed away this morning. We were going to tell you earlier, but when we called your managers office they said you were busy. I'm sorry Wi.. Axl."

I felt my heart break. She's really gone? This has to be a joke, someone's playing a practical joke on me. I chuckled to myself, disbelief coating my body.

"You're joking." I mumbled, tears forming in my eyes. "You're not being real with me!"

He shook his head no, he was dead serious. I clenched my fists, sorrow filling my veins. I couldn't believe my ears, I didn't want her to be gone. She helped me through so many things and I couldn't be here for her for this one, simple thing. I felt a tear run down my defined cheekbone, my hand snapping up quickly to wipe it dry.

I clenched my jaw, attempting to keep myself together. One thing snapped to my mind, making me realize another reason I came here in the first place. Danielle and her belongings were in my mother's hospital room.

"Where's Danielle.?" I asked, sniffling as a string of snot from my tears rolled down my nose.

He perked his ears up, looking around in caution. I stared at his face, he looked so confused. I furrowed my brows, annoyance kicking back in.

"Who?" He asked, facing me as I crossed me arms and tapped the soul of my cowboy boot to the tile floors.

"My sister? Little girl with dark ginger hsir?" I spoke calmly even though I was totally losing it inside.

"I have no clu-"

"Axl!" I heard a cheery little girl's voice call followed by small, quick footsteps.

I turned around, seeing the short girl running straight for me. A smile appeared on her beautiful face, she looked so much like our mother. She had her beautiful green eyes which complimented her freckley cheeks. Her little legs carried her fast, she was always an active baby.

She ran up to me, grabbing onto my legs as her ginger hair flew behind her ears. She had two pigtails, loose strands here and there, two pink bows holding the hair together. I smiled at the child, placing my hand on her small head and caressing her silky hair. She looked up, our green eyes connecting for the first time in what seemed lime forever.