02

Axl Rose
Los Angeles, California
December 4th 1988

I held onto the child's hand, making sure not squeeze it too hard, in case I hurt her. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to my sister too. I listened to Slashs following footsteps, opening the large hotel door for us.

I took a look around the hotel, not getting a chance to take everything in earlier since I was in a rush to get Danielle. I saw to the right of the entrance was a small, wooden desk. Behind the desk was a small stool, a short old woman with platinum hair perched on it, toying with the phone. Behind the woman was a wall with all the keys to the hotel hung on metal hangers, hovering a little away from the wall.

Danielle pulled on my hand, Slash now in front of us and leading. She followed Slash, a smile froze on her face. She seemed so happy, which was something I wanted, but I could tell she wanted to cry deep down inside. She was a lot like me when I was younger, and I don't just mean looks. She's one tough kid, she doesn't let her feelings get in the way of her life, I was a lot like her at this age.

"Axl look! An elevator!" Danielle screamed, heads of people who were now residents of the hotel snapping towards us.

"Yeah, Danie." I chuckled, looking at all the shocked and pissed off looks me and Slash were getting.

I stopped in my tracks and bent down, picking up Danielle and sliding her onto my hip. I placed my hands under her butt, holding her and protecting her from the strangers. I picked up my pace and walked alongside Slash.

I removed one of my hands, brushing some of my ginger hair out of my face. I felt my palms start to sweat, I could feel myself getting anxious. I turned my head forward, locking my eyes on the stair well, our only way out without running into needy fans. I tapped Slash on the shoulder as he hummed in response.

"Stairwell. Now and fast." I rushed the words, my anxiety getting worse as the surrounding people started chatting with eachother.

Slash nodded and headed for the stairs. I followed quickly behind, wanting to get away from everyone as soon as possible. I hurried my steps, reaching the door in what felt like seconds. Slash flung the heavy metal door open, heading inside and holding the door open. I slipped inside the door, holding Danielle's head down so she didn't hit her head. Her silky hair rubbed against my palm, a slight smile appearing on my lips.

"What the fuck was all that, Axl?" Slash asked, closing the door behind me.

He stared into my eyes, crossing his muscular arms across his bulky chest. His dark eyes stared into mine, my cheeks heating up from the embarrassing moment that just happened. I released Danielle's head, a little annoyed Slash was swearing once again.

"Language. And you think I have any clue? I didn't want rumors to start." I stated, shaking me head, and earning a low chuckle from Slash.

"So what! You're raising your little sister now." Slash laughed, anger flowing through my veins.

I clenched my hand, ready to knock Slash put. Normally I wasn't so protective when someone talked about my family since I was always on tour, but this hit hard for some reason. I felt perspiration bead onto my forehead, my body instantly becoming hot. Danielle looked up at my annoyed face, my brows furrowed and my jaw clenched. I kept my glaring eyes locked on Slash, not wanting to look at Danielle with such hatred pumping through my body.