NINE

You walked toward the house but stopped when you noticed Monica walking in. Shaking your head, you muttered "idiot" under your breath. 

But you followed her anyways, glanced through the open door. Wanda looked mad, and you don't blame her. 

Monica charged through the front door, shouting Wanda's name. Honestly, how much more idiotic can that girl get? 

"Wanda! Wanda! Wanda!"

You quickly hid when Wanda walked toward Monica from the kitchen. She was angry. Her accent only came out when she get really mad. "How did you get in here?"

"Listen to me, this whole thing is about Vision-"

You sighed and rolled your eyes at the mention of his name. You have no idea what in the world Wanda saw in that robot. And it was definitely the wrong thing to say. Because of course Vision was a sensitive topic. 

You had seen Wanda show way more affection to you than you'd ever shown to Vision. So it was no surprise that you also questioned their relationship. 

"Get out of my house." Wanda's words were final. 

"Hayward was trying to bring him-" 

"Don't talk to me about that. I don't wanna hear about it-" You quickly hid again when Monica backed out with Wanda behind her. Her magic was ready to be unleashed. "The drones, the missiles. Pietro?" 

Fake Pietro. You muttered in your mind as you watched the whole scene unfold in front of you. 

"No, wait. Pietro, no, no, no, that wasn't us." Monica looked so panicked. 

"All you do is lie." Wanda's accent was back again. And you watched in horror as Wanda got thrown toward the ground after hovering above in the air for a while. Your gasped were hidden by Wanda's when Monica landed on the ground. 

"The only lies I've told are the ones you put in my mouth." True, you agreed. 

"Careful what you say to me," Wanda lighted up her hand again and you were ready to interrupt. You don't think Monica dying would be something you want to take care of.

"Do it then," Monica taunted. Wanda's power continued to grow. "Take me out." Even from your viewpoint, you could see Wanda hesitating. Now that's the Wanda you know and love. It seemed to be the reaction Monica was looking for too. "See, see? that's where you and Hayward differ. He's gonna burn Westview to the ground just to get what he wants. Don't let him make you the villain."

"Maybe I already am." Wanda raised one eyebrow. Movement out of the corner of your eyes made you turn your attention to the neighbor. Agnes. She does look suspicious. 

Monica continued to talk. You knew that expression on Wanda's face though. There's hesitation, and you know the deny when she saw it. "I'm not afraid of you, Wanda. I lost the person closest to me, too. The worst thing I can think of has already happened to me. and I can't change it. I can't undo it. I can't control this pain anymore. and I don't think I want to, because it's my truth." 

Your eyes watered at the words. They were truer than you would like to admit. 

Losing Wanda. Losing Natasha. Losing your family. 

You watched Wanda's expression carefully, but she merely stared. You could see her revolt starting to crack. 

"Wanda you have to-"

You almost jumped when Agnes appeared next to Wanda. Where the hell did she come from? "Young lady, I think you overstayed your welcome. Poor Wanda's been through enough."