13 Kiss You

"My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."

– Bret Eaton Ellis

With your heart pounding against your chest and a broad smile adorning your small face, you swing the trash bag on your shoulder and unlock the front door. Wendy isn't home again; she has been staying out a lot lately. You just want things to go back to normal with her but right now all you can ponder about is a doe-eyed boy. Things are starting to improve and you couldn't be happier.

Your phone dings and you check the notification hoping it's him. It's an email by an ominous sender.

Dear ____,

I hope you are relishing your evening, so am I. I am extremely delighted to tell you that my fantasies are coming to life. However, there are still many barriers getting in my way and I would like to get rid of them. Now, I want you to help me get rid of it, of them. And do not think you can get away with ghosting me. I expect a reply on your behalf, and there will be dire consequences if you do not. Have a marvellous evening, Buttercup.

Yours,

Edgar Allen Poe.

You send a quick reply to their email with a "what the hell do you want from me???" and lock your phone and leave it at the kitchen counter, the mood completely spoiled. The garbage bag disposal comes first anyway.

When you are on your way downstairs to throw trash, you hear footsteps. It's not unusual on a normal day. A lot of other people live in this building – people who prefer taking stairs rather than the elevator. But the current circumstances have led you to think of the worst situations. You can't blame yourself when there is a stalker on loose, aiming for your neck.

There's an eerie feeling around you, and you feel like bolting back home. But it could all just be in your head, right? You take a step forward, and another, and another when you hear the sound again – heavy footsteps nearing you with a speed unmatched by your calculations.

You freeze in your spot, heart thumping loudly. You feel scared and internally face-palm yourself for being unarmed. At least a pepper spray could have done the trick of fending away unwanted intruders. You feel a chill run down your spine when you realise the footsteps has almost reached your floor, sweat forming on your forehead even on a chilly night like today.

Thud, thud, thud, thud.

You brace yourself, ready to scream if the occasion calls for it as it's too late to run. Their head comes into view – so it's a he? And then his shoulders and then his face when he turns to your floor. His face is awfully familiar, and he has a wicked expression on his face when he acknowledges you.

"Jungkook?" you screech, astounded to see him mere feet away from. He looks just as surprised as you are. "What are you doing here?"

"I- Uh-" he shrugs. "I couldn't really stay away from you."

Your heart softens on hearing the words come out of his mouth. Pointing your index finger at him, you nudge it to invite him over, "come here."

He climbs over and kisses you passionately, with your arms all over each other. "Gosh, you are so addictive." He whispers against your lips, making you smile.

"Oh yes, I am like a drug. Heroin, if you will." He pulls away, his lips quivering with satisfaction and his eyes clouded with lust.

"Wanna come over?" you wave in the direction of your apartment. He is about to answer when you hear the elevator's door swing open and fits of giggle resonate on the floor. Jungkook looks at you in confusion.