Chapter 6

"Mason is not going to make it." The doctor announced to the three of us in the room. "WHAT?! NO!" I shouted. Mason. The love of my life. I lost him. Why? Why Mason?

I bursted into tears as the doctors made us leave the room. I watched Mason's face fade away as I was being take out of the room. The doctors scalped hands gripped my arms. Mascara filled under my eyes as I was put in a chair.

"Mason.. My brother.. Your boyfriend, your nephew." Kassy looked at me and her aunt. I stood up and hugged Kassy tight. "Kass, I am so sorry." I held kassy tight as I felt her hot tears explode onto my shoulder.

The funeral date was set for next Wednesday.

{A day later}
I lay in bed, thinking. Who ran into him? I decided to turn on the recorded broadcast from yesterday. This all happened so fast. I never got to say goodbye, either.

I walked into my bathroom, my hands resting on the sink. I had only changed from jeans into sweats and I had put on one of Masons tee shirts. It was his favorite, and I know why. It was cotton, very soft. The tag was basically a stamp. I wore my gray sweatpants and fell below my ankles.

"What will happen, without Mason by my side at school? Without him to tell me everything's going to be alright?" I murmured to myself. I got out my cellphone and dialed his number, just to hear his voice again.
"hey this is mason, I'm not able to get to the phone right now.. Please leave your name and number and I'll try to get back to you."
I ended the call and slid my phone into my pockets. I put on my black basketball socks and put on my slides. I walked out to my driveway and grabbed a basketball. It started drizzling; I didn't care.

I shot a few hoops until my dad and mom got home. After dinner I went back out. Finally at 10 at night, mom came out. "You can't stay out here all night." She stood on the porch.

I shot another hoop.
"It's the only way for me to relax."
I shot another hoop. The ball hit the rim, spinning twice then falling through.

At 11:30, I put away the basketball and went inside. I walked upstairs and got out my laptop. I scrolled through my IM's with Mason.

Mason: I love you, Mace. forever and always.
Me: forever & always💕

I looked through some of our old videos.
I found one of us laying in bed. He started tickling me and I screeched. His aunt came in with marshmallows and set them on the bed.

I can't believe I lost the one I love the most..

You are forever in my heart,
Mason Isaac Wright💟

••
••
••
Omgomgomg ok so I AM keeping the story going. 5-10 more chapters possibly. Can I get 90 reads by Saturday?