SEVENTEEN

CARMEN BROWN was back in Tariq and Brayden's dorm room, sitting on top of Tariq's desk, as he flipped through the several pages of Brayden's family photo album.

"My god. My dad was such a douchebag in college. It must be where Trace gets it from." Brayden spoke, as they all looked at the pictures. "Are you actually surprised?" Carmen scoffed. "What in here could possibly help you?" Brayden asked Tariq.

Tariq chuckled, pointed at a picture of Sweeney and Mr. Weston doing black face, causing Carmen to gasp out loud.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Brayden quickly grabbed the photo album, and closed it. "What?" Tariq laughed. "Not that one! It'll ruin my dad." Brayden said. "This has nothing to do with your dad, aight? It's all about Sweeney." Tariq told him.

"I'm sorry, Riq, but no means no. I gotta keep that picture to protect my family." Brayden stated. "And I need it to save mine." Tariq spoke. "I'm sorry, Tariq, but I can't. It's a no." Brayden voiced.

"Bro, you're always talking about how much you hate what your family stands for, yet you're just like em." Tariq said. "Fuck off, dude." Brayden uttered. "I'm just saying bro, your always talking about how much you hate white privilege, until you might actually lose it." Tariq voiced.

"I mean, he does have a point." Carmen butted in, backing up Tariq.

"Bro, that's not fair. You know I fucking ride for you, okay? Until the wheels come up, but I can't let you leak a photo of my dad with a guy in black face." Brayden said.

"Look, I gotta go. We'll talk later." Brayden remarked, before walking out the dorm.

Carmen sighed as Brayden slammed the door shut, and looked back at Tariq.

"Tariq, you need that photo. Fuck what Brayden's talking about." Carmen stated. "Yeah, I know. I'll jus try my hardest to make sure it don't blow back on the Westons." Tariq responded. "So, are you going to Jabari's memorial dinner?" Carmen asked. "Nah, I don't even think I should." Tariq answered.

"Well, I am. I asked Bru to introduce me to Lisa and she said she would be there, with Mariah." Carmen told him. "Hm. The roommate, right?" Tariq inquired. "Yep." Carmen answered. "So, you gonna make your move?" Tariq quizzed. "I don't know." Carmen shrugged, clearly unsure.

"Tariq, I just don't want to do anything else that I'll regret. I mean, it's only been a few months and I've witnessed three murders. Two done by me, and one done by you. Now, I'm about to frame an innocent person to save my own ass. The whole thing is fucked up, Tariq." Carmen vented.

"You remember what you told me the night you murdered Kierra? You said that everything you do is to protect yourself, and me, just how I everything I do is to protect myself and my family." Tariq reminded her.

"Listen, I'm sorry. You wouldn't have to worry about none of this shit if it wasn't for me. I put you into this shit, and now you have to do all this wild shit to protect yourself, as well as me. Im so sorry." Tariq apologized.

"It's not your fault, Tariq. You didn't know Brandon would try to rape me. Shit, neither did I. Nobody is to blame but him." Carmen explained.

"Yeah, but I should've been there to save you, to protect you! That was my responsibility and I failed you, which I will always have guilt for." Tariq argued.