Chapter 12:

Hayes' POV (again)
______________
"Hey, little bro! Where've you been?" My older brother Nash asked as I stepped into the mess hall.

"Sorry I want here when you guys arrived. I've been with a friend at the nurse."

"Sure you were. Which friend?"

"Angele."

"You've never mentioned them before, have you?"

"No. She just or here for the first time today."

"Ooo! A she!" Nash was wiggling his eyebrows.

"Not like that, we're just friends!" I shoved him playfully.

"What's going on?" My brother'a best friend Cameron asked.

I picked up two plates and scooped some spaghetti onto them. I tried carefully to balance them while I added garlic bread.

"Hayes here, has a girl friend." Nash winked at me.

"Ooo! Hayes!" Cameron exclaimed.

"Not like that! She's just a friend that happens to be a girl." I elaborated.

"So tell me about this Angele." Nash said. He did this with a lot of my friends in an act to keep me out of 'trouble'.

"Well, she's fourteen, an excellent writer, and has an awesome sense of humor."

"Don't forget sassy!" Matt said appearing behind me. I rolled my eyes.

"She sounds cool... I guess." Nash said.

I grabbed both mine and Angele's plates and went towards the door.

"Where are you running off too? Cameron asked.

"The nurse to eat with Angele."

I stepped out the door and hurried to the nurse's cabin trying to avoid flies.